Dynasty: Discussion Thread

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I don't think Cristal is going to die - it's too obvious.

I guess in the OG Krystle did some pretty crazy [!@#$%^&*] due to her tumour (plate-throwing!) and even threatened Alexis that she could kill her and get away with it, so maybe Cristal will end up literally murdering somebody.

They usually have good sets on nu-Dynasty but the mine set did look awful. I guess fake rocks are harder to make look real and they couldn't stage a cave-in in a real location.

Edited by te.

• Members

Yes / no, because:

I'm glad they're including the tumour storyline, like in the original, but I do feel as if they are making it a bit more rooting, than the snap-and-miss of Krystal in the original (due to Linda Evans' untimely exit).

For what I am assuming is going to be a one-off set, I didn't hate it. But, again, I also think that, due to COVID, they're restricted the numbers of sets they're allowing per episode.

Edited by Liberty City

• Members

As Laura Leighton is my fave Melroser, I can't wait to check out how she's brought into this show. I'm secretly hoping that the ratings hit a high point and she becomes at least a semi-regular "guest star" ala Heather Locklear did for Melrose. I know. I'm dreaming....

I do find that the show overall has been much better. I'm definitely watching more. 

• Members

Unfortunately, they film too far ahead at this point to bring Laura back (I think they're finishing up the season in mid-July), but yeah. They managed to get Kelly Rutherford back a few times, so I hope they'll do the same with Laura. It's a shame they're not at least making her recurring because I think she'd appeal to a lot of Gen-Y/Millenials who remember her as Sydney in Melrose.

• Members

Others might recognize Laura more recently for Pretty Little Liars. I wish more Melrosers would pop up as guest stints. Josie Bissett could be fun. 

I do agree with others that something needs to be done with Steven. He should be an integral part of the show. Fallon and Steven were always so close in the original and made a great sounding board for each other. It's missing. 

• Members

Nah, Adam's been out of Fallon's orbit for a while now and a male Carrington heir can stand on his own storylinewise. Now that they're going all-in as him as the resident doctor/chief of staff it should also provide him with storylines.

• Members

Fallon's bitch/repent cycle with Liam is getting slightly repetitive.  I wish they teamed up on Laura Leighton's character (who looked great) the minute that they found out she was deliberately delaying the SEC filing.  I actually sided with Fallon in this week's argument and thought it was cruel of Liam to continue to investigate when it could put those in Fallon's company out of work, considering he could have waited a few months without any repercussions.    Also, how did Laura Leighten magically find out that Liam was investigating her?

The mine stuff was cute, although the set (as well as that green screen balloon) looked cheap as heck.  Also, Jeff just suddenly wondered where his mother could be and out of the infinite places in the world, he figured out that she was in the mine?  And the whole search and rescue took place during a commercial?

Also, why is Cristol carrying around her medical files?  And how is she in stage four of an illness where she has only experienced a single instance of side effects?

Coffin theory of the week

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by j swift