Jump to content
Key Links: Announcements | Support Desk

Dynasty: Discussion Thread


dragonflies

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Members
Posted (edited)

I don't think Cristal is going to die - it's too obvious.

 

I guess in the OG Krystle did some pretty crazy [!@#$%^&*] due to her tumour (plate-throwing!) and even threatened Alexis that she could kill her and get away with it, so maybe Cristal will end up literally murdering somebody.

 

They usually have good sets on nu-Dynasty but the mine set did look awful. I guess fake rocks are harder to make look real and they couldn't stage a cave-in in a real location.

Edited by te.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, j swift said:

@Liberty City Do we agree that Cristal has become a valid candidate for the coffin?

 

 

 

Yes / no, because:

 

 

I'm glad they're including the tumour storyline, like in the original, but I do feel as if they are making it a bit more rooting, than the snap-and-miss of Krystal in the original (due to Linda Evans' untimely exit).

 

13 hours ago, te. said:

They usually have good sets on nu-Dynasty but the mine set did look awful. I guess fake rocks are harder to make look real and they couldn't stage a cave-in in a real location.

 

For what I am assuming is going to be a one-off set, I didn't hate it. But, again, I also think that, due to COVID, they're restricted the numbers of sets they're allowing per episode.

Edited by Liberty City
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

As Laura Leighton is my fave Melroser, I can't wait to check out how she's brought into this show. I'm secretly hoping that the ratings hit a high point and she becomes at least a semi-regular "guest star" ala Heather Locklear did for Melrose. I know. I'm dreaming....

I do find that the show overall has been much better. I'm definitely watching more. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
10 hours ago, Melroser said:

As Laura Leighton is my fave Melroser, I can't wait to check out how she's brought into this show. I'm secretly hoping that the ratings hit a high point and she becomes at least a semi-regular "guest star" ala Heather Locklear did for Melrose. I know. I'm dreaming....

I do find that the show overall has been much better. I'm definitely watching more. 

Unfortunately, they film too far ahead at this point to bring Laura back (I think they're finishing up the season in mid-July), but yeah. They managed to get Kelly Rutherford back a few times, so I hope they'll do the same with Laura. It's a shame they're not at least making her recurring because I think she'd appeal to a lot of Gen-Y/Millenials who remember her as Sydney in Melrose.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Others might recognize Laura more recently for Pretty Little Liars. I wish more Melrosers would pop up as guest stints. Josie Bissett could be fun. 

 

I do agree with others that something needs to be done with Steven. He should be an integral part of the show. Fallon and Steven were always so close in the original and made a great sounding board for each other. It's missing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
3 hours ago, Melroser said:

 

 

I do agree with others that something needs to be done with Steven. He should be an integral part of the show. Fallon and Steven were always so close in the original and made a great sounding board for each other. It's missing. 

I've never understood why Steven was written out. Story-wise it doesn't make sense. I'd much rather have Steven than Adam.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

It's too bad she won't have a scene with Grant Show. I find it funny that I haven't seen anywhere a mention of the fact her and Grant dated once (before her marriage to Doug Savant). Always says former co-stars. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

I feel like the reveal that Amanda exists in this universe might be bad news for Kirby if they feel like they need to clear space to have another young female on the cast...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
6 hours ago, te. said:

I feel like the reveal that Amanda exists in this universe might be bad news for Kirby if they feel like they need to clear space to have another young female on the cast...

I do think giving Fallon a rival that's her sister would be a good move. I would probably write out Adam in the process.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
27 minutes ago, pdm1974 said:

I do think giving Fallon a rival that's her sister would be a good move. I would probably write out Adam in the process.

Nah, Adam's been out of Fallon's orbit for a while now and a male Carrington heir can stand on his own storylinewise. Now that they're going all-in as him as the resident doctor/chief of staff it should also provide him with storylines.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
Posted (edited)

Fallon's bitch/repent cycle with Liam is getting slightly repetitive.  I wish they teamed up on Laura Leighton's character (who looked great) the minute that they found out she was deliberately delaying the SEC filing.  I actually sided with Fallon in this week's argument and thought it was cruel of Liam to continue to investigate when it could put those in Fallon's company out of work, considering he could have waited a few months without any repercussions.    Also, how did Laura Leighten magically find out that Liam was investigating her?

 

The mine stuff was cute, although the set (as well as that green screen balloon) looked cheap as heck.  Also, Jeff just suddenly wondered where his mother could be and out of the infinite places in the world, he figured out that she was in the mine?  And the whole search and rescue took place during a commercial?

 

Also, why is Cristol carrying around her medical files?  And how is she in stage four of an illness where she has only experienced a single instance of side effects?

 

Coffin theory of the week

 

Edited by j swift
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
18 hours ago, te. said:

I feel like the reveal that Amanda exists in this universe might be bad news for Kirby if they feel like they need to clear space to have another young female on the cast...

 

I'm dying for an Amanda casting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy