Dynasty: Discussion Thread

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I really enjoyed the "special" season premiere/holiday special episodes - too bad it's not back for another 11 weeks!

It'll be... interesting to see how they handle the Rita storyline. By all accounts they seemingly know that the premise is a bit ridiculous so they're not spending a lot of time trying to explain it.

• Members

LOL that would have been hilariously camp!

I enjoyed the Season 5 2 hour premiere especially the beginning where news report misreported Fallon died and used a really bad photo of her.

Definitely Team Amanda here. Even though Adam had grown on me, framing Alexis for murder is a bit much. 

Since this show is introducing Rita, now would be a good time for the show to introduce Dex Dexter for Alexis. 

• Members

In the new Dynasty Alexis does not run an oil company, or any business, that would cause her to interact with a self-made cowpoke like Dex, so there would have to be some finagling (maybe he could be her attorney?)  Also, Amanda is lesbian (or at least had an affair with a woman) so there's less chance of an Alexis/Dex/Amanda triangle.

My favorite of the OG series was Caress, I hope she somehow appears in Atlanta.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Dynasty cast its Dex

Per Deadline

Pej Vahdat (Empire) has booked a heavily recurring role on the CW’s Dynasty. Developed for The CW by Josh Schwartz, Stephanie Savage, and Sallie Patrick, Dynasty watches as two of America’s wealthiest families feud for control over their fortune and their children. Vahdat will play Dex. A suave, handsome, charming hedge fund manager, Dex has a chance encounter with Alexis which will change her life in more ways than one. Vahdat also will be seen in a heavily recurring role in Showtime’s City on a Hill, as well a recurring role on FX’s The Old Man. His previous credits include feature The Day Shall Come as well as key recurring roles on Empire, The Village, Bones and Shameless. He’s repped by TalentWorks and Neon Kite.

Please register in order to view this content

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I hadn't watched it for weeks, so I forgot how much I really enjoy the show.  It looks amazing, the fashions have always been on point, but the food in this episode looked incredible, and now that they have extras back on set, the manor is finally filled with staff.  People who watch DAYS and complain about the low production values would love seeing what the CW can do with a couple more bucks.

I still feel like the low point is the need to tie up most of the stories each week.  Sammy Jo's ups and downs with Culhane feel very predictable.  And there's a repetitive nature to having two characters having an argument in the penultimate act and then resolve it toward the end (like this week with Jeff and Dom).

On the other hand, Daniella is knocking it out of the park with the doppelgänger story.  It is such an old soap troupe (including there being no details on how they use the bathroom).  However, Daniella has always had an ability to play multiple layers.  She seems kind and funny one minute, but can easily turn to cunning warrior.  So, she's the prefect choice for this story, and her southern accent was convincing. 

Can someone catch me up as to what happened with Alexis's murder trial and Adam's youth cure?

Edited by j swift

• Members

There was a drone filming around the apartment - Amanda tracked down who it belonged to and surprise, surprise, it belonged to Farnsworth "Dex" Dexter's nephew who had happened to film Adam arguing with Dr Larson on the balcony that night, putting him right at the top of the suspect list. Amanda delivered the footage to Alexis who told Adam that she wouldn't show it to the police if he signed over the company to her. He unwillingly signed the company over to Alexis, but claimed that Dr Larson fell off the balcony by accident. Alexis later revealed that the drone had actually filmed Dr Larson lunging at Adam and falling off the balcony by accident and of course when she showed it to the prosecutor, they had to set her free. Grateful to Dex for providing her with the footage that set her free, she agreed to go out on a date with him as he'd always had a crush on her since meeting her as a college student when his father sat on the Carrington boards. Alexis and Dex went Dubai in the previous episode, hence why they weren't in this one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

What do they even have left airing at this point? The Flash and the Superman show?

Oh, I forgot Riverdale and that Walker reboot. And some Supernatural spinoff?

Edited by Vee