Dynasty: Discussion Thread

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Tonight's cliffhanger did excite me if only for the flash of nostalgia. It would be fun if we got Caress as well, but I am so turned off by this version of Alexis that I don't particularly crave to see her relatives who were so excellently cast in the original.

I am sorry to see the show cancelled. Admittedly, if I'm home on a Friday night, Dateline and 20/20 are going to get my eyeballs, I always tell myself I can just binge Dynasty at a later time. I guess it'll be even easier to catch up with now.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Members

The season just never found any momentum after the Rita caper ended and Alexis was freed from jail. The stuff with Ben Carrington could have been interesting but played out too much like a sitcom instead. Culhane’s relationship with the dead mobster’s wife got dropped? Not too mention playing out on a Friday night in summer with this season having ridiculously lengthy breaks in between each batch in between also killed the momentum for myself.

Btw, the final episode airdate is 9/16 with the final episode appropriately titled “Catch 22”, a nice nod to the original. 

• Members

After a week of heatwaves, fires, and a tropical storm in LA, the penultimate episode of Dynasty was exactly what I needed. I thought it might be hard to jump back in, but they always reset, and the exposition gets you up to speed really quickly.

I was a little surprised that they've paired Kirby and Amanda.  I continue to like the manic energy that the actor playing Adam brings to the role.  And I am always visually entertained by Fallon's capes and Jeff's full Gucci ensembles.  I have no clue how Cristal has a friend at the FAA that she could call when a plane goes missing, yet, I could see that the new major d'omo was trouble from the moment he came on screen.

@soapfan770 or @SFK I'd appreciate it if you could fill in the gaps about the guy who is blackmailing Liam, and how Fallon hired another assistant who is trying to undermine her at FU (still my favorite named company in all of soaps). 

Going into the finale, it's sad how little Alexis has to do, and I wish they'd found some new conflict for Dominique that didn't always involve Jeff.  I still feel as if the episodic nature of crisis/insight about family loyalty/and resolution each week was bad call and was too repetitive to sustain itself.  Longer term story arcs, and more character development were missing.  But, five seasons is remarkable for a reboot.

Edited by j swift

• Members

@j swift

The guy who is blackmailing Liam is the nephew of a literature professor. Liam had a brief stint at a university to get over a writers block, met this professor who died unexpectedly and stole his manuscript to sell as his own since he was pressured by his publisher to deliver a script. Until now, only Sam knew about this, but obviously the nephew found out and is now blackmailing him.

The person who is trying to take over the company isn't Fallon's assistant - she's a board member. 

Was it just me or did "Graham"'s voice change during that last bit? 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I saw @te. answered the questions already but I wasn’t expecting Jasper to come back at all or care about what his uncle did since when he appeared earlier in the season to be very disinterested/disengaged. 

I am guessing that since Sam turned down Ryan’s proposition that is going to lead the way for a reunion with Steven, who’s rumored to be in the finale but I haven’t seen that confirmed yet. 

Graham’s voice did a change a bit I wish we did have a Season 6 to explore that more further as him being the new majordomo but oh well.