Dynasty: Discussion Thread

• Members

Yeah, this whole show has really turned into a silly and campy farce. There are some good moments here and there, but right now it feels like a Desperate Housewives knock-off series. The whole Culhane/Ava story is odd. 

I know this is a month old now Carl but I was wondering what has happened to that show turning into a more action oriented supernatural show as of late. Not sure if that was what the show was trying to aim for, but Season 3 has been a mess so far. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I agree about Dynasty this season. I enjoy my camp and catty lines, but the show has seemed to be going for just out and out comedy lately which is just not clicking. I thought the second half of season one was some great, very tightly written soap. I loved all the twists and cliffhangers. This season seems to be limping along. I never understood that whole Culhane/Ava story. Cristal 2.0 is a bust. There's no real conflict with her or why Blake is even into her. Maybe they should scrape the character idea completely. The highlight is the character of Sam for me, but I'm missing Steven. I'm hoping there's plans to bring the character back. You need that kind of more grounded character to even things out.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Good.. maybe the show can salvage Alexis.. because the character shouldn't be side-lined whatsoever.  In fact, I think Cristal 1.0 and Cristal 2.0 are both busts.. and I think an Alexis vs. Fallon conflict is where the show should focus on.. along with the continued beefing up of Monica's role (loved the turban she was wearing in a recent episode).

• Members

The character of Alexis needs to be completely salvaged. She's not a threat at all to Blake...or to anyone. She needs to be playing nastier and causing tons of conflict for everyone. Cristal 2.0 has been really strange. They really haven't given her anything to play. 

Love Monica, and I think they should make her a regular. I'm curious to see if Dominique arrives soon. We need someone to stir the pot.

I feel the first season was so tightly written with great jaw-dropping twists. This season has been okay enough but I don't nearly look forward to it as I did during season 1.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Emma Samms.

Honestly, I wouldn't wish this show upon her or anyone... But I've always thought her Fallon - especially when well written (see season 9) - was the better conception of the spoiled princess daughter to Alexis & Blake.  Add that to her screen presence, being beautiful, enigmatic, having immediate chemistry with her co-stars... I think she'd also be a more on-point Alexis... But again, with this Dynasty, any actor should proceed with caution. 

• Members

I’d be all for Emma Samms and I also think if they want similar to Nicollette they could cast Eileen Davidson. Personally I loved Nicollette in the role and think she’s strong enough to handle whatever is thrown at her, but this season with the exception of a few episodes has been a self contained comedy mostly focused on quips. They haven’t used any of the cast to their advantage after a strong first season. At this point I just am watching as a soap fan and don’t expect much out of the show.