DAYS: September 2016 Discussion Thread

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I thought it was a pretty good start to their regime.  There's already a sense of danger and anticipation to something big happening.  A soap needs active villains who do bad things because they create drama - something that was lacking under Griffith.  I don't know anything about Orpheus to it was cool to see that 80's flashback of him and Marlena - it's nice seeing a plot being about Marlena again.  And I've always liked Clyde because he was an active villain. 

It's been so long since the last time I looked forward to watching DAYS. Last time was probably last November. 

• Members

I liked today as well. Like Toups, finally felt some anticipation. Mostly due to the villains. Enjoyed Marlena/Clyde and Orpheus befriending Clyde and remembering Marlena. It's nice to have a villain who isn't Stefano, as much as I loved him.

Love seeing so much Adrienne and Lucas lately! Adrienne and Steve FINALLY shared scenes after a year of not any together, maybe except a group scene or two. It was nice. Also was nice seeing Kayla and Marlena chatting. I love how the bubbles are burst. But new regimes always start out well and then bomb. The character interaction is improved, so far.

LOL at Kayla having like no [!@#$%^&*] to give about Steve and his discovery about himself. I don't blame her. I'm sort of tired of their song and dance but Nichols and Evans are so good no matter what I don't care. It's nice to see them on again after a lack of airtime lately.

Love seeing Laura again. Reminds me of the 90s and getting into the show :wub: Jennifer has become so much more tolerable but she has a bit to go. I liked Chad and Jennifer finally coming to terms. And classic Higs, moving everyone in together. I fully expect the Kiriakis estate to become full (Deimos today alone already asked Victor and Nicole to move in). I liked that Andre/Laura got to see each other. The little things for me.

Zzzz to Brady and Theresa. Pairing her with him absolutely killed the character's potential.

It was a good start. I liked the people who were on and it kept my interest. BUT ENOUGH WITH THE DANIEL REFERENCES. My GOD the man is dead. Let him RIP. Two episodes and he's been name dropped repeatedly. We can't escape the Sainted Orange One. But anyway, today was better. There was nice character interaction, some anticipation thanks to the villains and some history dropped all over the place. I also liked how it felt a bit faster paced and that characters moved around a bit more than usual.

• Members

You really should check out some old clips of Orpheus. He was a fantastic villain. His only goal was to make Roman (at the time when everyone thought John was Roman) suffer for killing his wife. He was cold and calculating with nothing to lose. George DelHoyo with his great voice made him even scarier.

This clip is a good example. Orpheus is telling Marlena the truth. He won't hurt Roman physically, he won't touch him and he will let Marlena go. But throughout the whole scene, Orpheus is only thinking about one thing, killing Marlena infront of Roman.

- Are you thinking of letting me go?
Silent stare
- Please let me go.

So GOOD, I get chills everytime I watch that.

• Members

Glad they didn't waste any time getting Laura and Kate in scenes together :wub: (And I like the Chad/Kate relationship so it's nice they're finally sharing scenes again too)

And Julie :wub: with JJ ... Gabi and Sonny with Ari ...

Not a bad episode. Less people on than yesterday's. I could do without Maggie/Victor/Deimos ...

• Members

Loved Chad/Sonny as well today.

Poor Julie wasted on Maggie whimpering and whining about Deimos and Victor.

I was glad that Laura and JJ had a scene together. It was nice. But Laura's already gone. Shame. I wish they'd keep her around recurring but popping in and out can work. I'd like her to interact with Nancy again at some point if they both end up on the show at the same time. They were sooo close in 2013 when both returned around the same time ...

Archived