DAYS: September 2016 Discussion Thread

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can't believe Kate is the kidnapper.  That's messed up. 

I wanted to see Chad and Belle hook up right before Abby comes back from the dead.

The show is decent overall, but I feel like they aren't managing the cast that well. Random comings and goings, lame ducks that we know will be gone nearly a year before they are. It's frustrating.

• Members

Thanks, that's what I was meaning.

It's improved but I agree with this. Random comings and goings, lame ducks ... the usual ones get tossed to the side, returns that don't last, stories that don't go anywhere ... I think the villains could provide an umbrella story that this soap desperately needs. But let's see if the focus is there.

DAYS works well when the cast is involved with each other. Just having Hope on the phone with Steve (off-screen) about Kayla on Friday is something we didn't get under Griffith, so it's little things like that I notice are improving. We have Shawn and Hope actually sharing scenes, etc. So certain things are improving but it's still a long ways to go. I also saw a picture of Marlena and Claire FINALLY sharing scenes too, in the next week or two. Sonny/Chad/Gabi finally interacting again ... I've also noticed a [!@#$%^&*] ton of history dropped in the scripts.

I think there's more to the Kate thing, but maybe not. I think it's lame too and was probably just a quick way to wrap it up. I don't know why Kate, like Stefano, has to have everything pinned on her ... and Deimos and Victor are ones to talk. Neither guy is exactly Mr. Innocent here.

I would have much rather had Theresa be behind it all and that can serve as her exit.

It was great to see Eve/KDP! She looked great! Eve and Nicole should 100% be friends. Kassie also looks good with Eric Martsolf. Too bad Brady is closer to Eve's age than Theresa's (where he should be younger than her). I have to LOL at Anne not being there though. She was just on this month after not being on for like two months. Strange. Oh well. When Theresa goes I wonder if they don't even use Anne anymore :(

LOL at them making no bones about sending Mama Hernandez back out of town. Does Dena Higley hate women? Why do women dislike each other so much? Anyway .... I don't see why they brought her on only to trash her again. She was annoying but they could still have her pop in and out. I don't know why they don't.

• Members

Laura....STFU! She is real salty about sh-t that happened like 40 years ago. I hate when writers bring back an old character and instantly have them start bitching out another character for no reason. A little shade is one thing but she was way over the top as if she and Kate were just feuding a few weeks ago. And how the heck did she just go to Abby's facility and be able to look at her merdcal records without Chad or Jennifer's approval? She's not next of kin and she didnt work there

Where did JJ go and why was he gone? What went down with he and Gabi? Im glad Julie hates her. The little ho has slept her way around the young Horton men.

I totally didnt make the connection that Lucas is Thomas grand-uncle.

Why is Clyde in Salem's prison? I thought he was extradited to Florida where his crimes were committed.

Weird seeing Nicole and Teresa as BFFs

• Members

Kudos to Dena/Ryan for the following:

Bringing Laura back. Jaimie looks great.  There's potential for story with Andre and others.  Although I'd be happy to see Andre go.  
Are they flirting with a Chad/Jenn pairing or Chad/Belle/Abby?
Keeping Brandon and Martha (I know they were slated to leave but the writers clearing recognized their value). Hope/Shaun scenes this week were well done.
Getting rid of Mama and Papa Hernandez. Praise be and pass the corn tortillas. She was so miscast and the writing was so lazy and stereotyped.  
Scripting a tender bro scene between Chad and Sonny
Not featuring prominently Theo or Ciara or Joey
Humanizing Deimos and having everyone move in together.  

I don't have any strong negatives.  The start of the prison plot was cheap and lackluster but that's how Days does it.

Kudos to Corday for (other than Dena) putting Corday vet writers in charge i.e. elevating Rick Draughon and Jean Ford and getting rid of Seidman.  Looks like Fran Myers son, John Newman, will start writing scripts again too. He was very good last time.  You can tell that, after a debacle year of outsider Griffith, who did more harm that Dena ever could to the canvas, Ken is ready for the loyal writers he's cultivated for years.  

I think it's cool that Days has two openly gay head writers (Quan and Draughon) and at least one script writer, Klein, who's also out.  Hopefully, they can counteract any Dena's Christian right wing b.s.

Archived