DAYS: September 2016 Discussion Thread

• Members

Monday's episode was OK.

Brady/Victor/Theresa can all take a flying leap.

Both hated and loved the Kate/Tate kidnapping guilt thing. I hate that Kate was the kidnapper but I like that we got her "side" of it so to speak, which I don't think we'd have typically gotten. Maybe Quan can balance Higs' crap ideas.

I hate how quickly they shipped off Shawn/Belle. Damn. Like two weeks into the new regime. Ouch. But at least they'll be back, apparently Shawn relatively soon-ish according to Jason47. I hope when they come back they're kept. I've liked how they've been used the last few months. Belle/John/Marlena was nice (at least she got a goodbye with them) and so was Shawn/Claire. LOL at Shawn getting no scenes with Hope or Ciara. Not that he did before anyway ... one or two here or there with Hope.

Interesting that Eduardo caused the crash which led to the villains escape. I'm iffy on his connection simply because it will once again bring Rafe into a story, but let's hope Rafe is in likeable cop mode and not Stefano-killer-cover-up-arrogant-Hope-stalker mode.

It's nice to see more of Gabi and Paul and that they're actually being written for as if they're characters on this show. It wasn't particularly interesting tho, but nevertheless, nice to see them.

I feel like Marlena is going to be an afterthought in the return of Orpheus when she should be at the forefront. Just a hunch.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I dont get it. Why were the villians being transported in the first place?

And how stupid of them, especially Orpheus. He's been in prison for decades and he is finally free and he wastes this trying to go after those at the wedding. I'd flee and enjoy my freedom while it lasted

• Members

Shhh. Silly logic doesn't apply.

I had to LOL at weepy ass Maggie whimpering and wanting to stay. I wish Orpheus had plugged her too.

That long Eve/Nicole scene was really nice. Sort of out of place in a fast paced episode but still nice. We have been lacking in scenes like these.

• Administrator

Pretty good episode today. Glad Orpheus and Xander got away.  They're escape from prison isn't about freedom, it's about revenge.  Can't wait to see what they're going to do next.  DAYS is exciting again because of Xander/Orpheus/Clyde - they need a team name.  LOL

• Members

How does one even be in prison under a false name? Exactly how was that conducive to Orpheus? There's stuff such as fingerprints, DNA and you know, the whole legal system to go through.

Xander is kind of right. What Teresa did to him was f--ked up so I cant blame him for wanting revenge.

Most touching scene for me was surprisingly Victor and Philip. No words were spoken but it was very effective

Why the hell was Maggie still there? I guess the show wanted to give her her dramatic standing moment but she was annoying throughout this with her crying and it made no sense why none of the hostages wheeled her away when Orpheus let people go

I thought Teresa or Eve were going to get killed off. Glad that didnt happen. I did like Eve bonding with Nicole. They do feel like they would be good friends

Yes

COX

• Members

Zzzz to Claire, Theo, Joey, Ciara. Seriously. Between Jovanni and Lastovic mumbling and looking bored .... now they're in college? LOL I mean I knew they were 18 but still .... lord, they look 12

Wow. Abe three days in a row! How nice!

Guess we're getting some closure on Chase/Aiden with Aiden moving Chase to Portland. Such a waste of a good young actor. Stupid show.

What are they trying to do with Gabi/Chad? I don't think it really goes anywhere and I won't bitch about Flynn with his shirt off but they're following up all the drama with this? I guess to later include Chad with Kate/Clyde

Looks like we're about to get Kate/Clyde, though Clyde really should have focused on JJ, who's on today (along with Rafe and Hope).

I know we need downtime from things but there's never any momentum anymore. A day or two and then other things are focused on. I get episode guarantees, etc. but can we improve this? And ugh, so many flashbacks. A long Ciara/Theo one and then Gabi/JJ where they try to convince us that relationship was more than five minutes on-screen.

• Members

The actor playing Chase made some REALLY bad comments about his storyline with Ciara -- I think on Periscope. He jokingly and laughingly told his audience that Ciara was not innocent and that we could see she was sort of asking for it.

It was bad.

If DAYS let him go because of that, he caused his own firing. I checked his Twitter, hoping to see that he was a great guy who made a mistake. Instead, I found him pretty insufferable and with too big an ego. 

• Members

I know DAYS has had a few redeemed rapists in their past, but I doubt Chase was going to stay around regardless of what the actor said. They seemed to be happy to throw Aiden and Chase away. I still don't understand what the point of the Ciara rape story was. I guess it was supposed to show the viciousness of the Andre vs Hope feud and the toll taken, and so on, but what a vile way to do it. And some of the fan comments I saw just seemed to be even more annoyed with Hope and Ciara afterward, which surely can't have been the idea. 

Archived