DAYS: April 2016 Discussion Thread

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Can someone explain why Marlena was so rude to Jennifer. I mean even before she found out Jen was with Eric. She sees her and on sight she goes "What are you doing here?" with a nasty attitude. I dont recall those two having any type of beef

Eric's exit story began in Jan and he's only now leaving in April. Days drew out Eve's exit forever as well. They started the flirtation with Jenn back in July but completely did nothing with it. Its a shame that they only hook up right before he left when they could have been a couple 

The Dario/Eduardo/Mama scenes are a waste of time. Its nothing but recycled scripts between Rafe, Ed and Gabi last fall.

Rafe and Hope? Barf. For a while it seemed like the show had put an end to this mess

Ciara is on all the time and Claire is nowhere in sight. I bet she leaves

Summer is a hot mess as is her storyline. Jesus fix it. I dont blame Teresa for reading her. BTW, Teresa's shirt was ugly. WTH? Looks like she designed it out of random tablecloths she found in Caroline's attic

you are right about that. Everyone is miserable. There isnt a single story revolving around joy. I guess the closest is this terrible Rafe/Hope romance but that makes me puke. I dont have a problem with depressing stories but you need balance and this show sadly has none. 

• Members

Eric's exit and basic destruction has left a bad taste in my mouth, as has the lack of airtime for Jennifer's pill popping (maybe it's for the best, but Missy was better on Friday) and the sudden end to Ericole. I didn't love Marlena's anger towards Jennifer either. It felt like how she would talk to Nicole, but can you blame Mar for being upset that Jennifer showed a huge lack of judgement? I didn't mind but it was jarring. It was as if they didn't know each other. I did love Marlena throwing her pill popping in her face.

I feel like the accident/death of Daniel and everything involved was re-written and clearly Eric/Jennifer scenes were cut. But they have to show us every detail of Summer's plight and Brady and Theresa are the only couple allowed to be happy. It really feels sometimes like there's some mandate to write the worst possible show and feature the worst possible actors and characters in an effort to kill it.

• Members

It's inconceivable that someone with a minimum talent can write a show like 'Days' so bad. They don't care about the characters and less for the audience. 'Days' is now a show without soul, without emotion, without passion... 

• Members

Yes I can! My issue was that Marlena had a stank attitude the second she saw Jenn. She did treat her like she would Nicole and this was before she realized that Jennifer had made poor judgement with Eric. I was taken aback by it bc they dont have bad blood between them. I dont even recall them ever interacting much but Marlena just took one look at her and it was as if she hated her and had no use for her being there. After she learned Jenn spent the night with Eric, this would have been justified but she was nasty from the beginning

BTW, is Andre gone from the show? Is Thao still around or was Andre being arrested what seemed like months ago, his final scene? I honestly dont even see where they can go with the character bc he was used as a scapegoat to give Hope a get out of jail card. The only role he could serve is to terrorize her and the Bradys and the show really doesnt need more misery

• Members

I didn't get the Marlena/Jenn hate.   I always thought they had a good relationship.  I (although the show doesn't expositive on this) chalk it up to being kinda wtf are you doing here and the pain of having her son go to jail.  It might not be right, but as a mother I could see her taking it out on others.  I guess it was odd seeing as Marlena is a more calm and understanding character.

On today's episode Crystal Meth Philip and Basic Beyotch Belle were in more bedroom scenes. With closeups of John Paul Lavoisier's jowls. All of a sudden a dull as dishwater Lani was all over Shawn Douglas. A rare Abe Craver sighting. I enjoyed Abe's scenes with Theo. Only wished Abe and Theo's scenes took place in their home. Instead of the small rinky dinky park set.Fast forward through Fancy Face and Rafe's scenes. That cray cray shady serial killer Andre is back. Lani's and Shawn's scenes were embarrassingly bad. Nothing sexy about a horny Lani practically forcing herself on Shawn.

• Members

All! The previous tenure was a disaster with microscenes of 20 seconds. Now is boring because the pacing is awful. They add and add characters to do nothing. Why returned Shawn? To have a couple of conversations with Lani? And Eduardo? Only a Rambo adventure in seven months?   yes, and a couple of conversations with Rafe... There is no passion. 

Archived