Y&R: March 2016 Discussion Thread

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Saw Wed (US), is it just me or is it bizarre that Adam I using the 'love' word with Victor? And even The Bug mentioned it. Yes, we know Adam craves Victor's affection etc, but it's weird to hear him say it to his face. And I don't mind if Victor puts Adam in charge of NE and shafts Victoria. 

• Members

Can someone explain the whole Victor story to me?  None of the timing makes any sense for his arguments and defending himself.  The whole reason he replaced Jack with Marco was because of Paragon virus they've said it multiple times now...and his whole family nearly died in the explosion at his building.  I don't get it....do the writers not think we have any memory at all?  All of that happened long after Jack was replaced, abducted, and tortured.  I don't get it at all.

And this whole case - would not be a Genoa City case, LOL.  This was engineering corporate fraud by replacing someone with an imposter so the he would sign his company over to you. That's corporate fraud and would be a federal case...so stupid.

• Members

You're right.  The timeline is way off.  Victor hired Marco to merge the two companies together and that was way before Paragon.  Jabot and Newman were already merged when the virus kicked in.  I wonder if they are going to call Neil to the stand, because he knew the documents merging the companies were falsified.  And Victor threatened him to stfu.

This trial is a joke.  The lighting is horrible.

• Members

From Judith Chapman's Facebook page:

Just need to say... To ALL OF YOU, Who liked, and commented on, my post
(shared with me) about
the demise of KATHERINE CHANCELLOR'S MANSION... from a timeless vision of
elegance, taste, love, and knock down drag out fun and drama.. LOL..
To a gray, lifeless, colorless institution....
Not unlike another colorful
''SEE AND BE SEEN PLACE''... GLOWORM
Designed by the Brilliant Joe Bavaqua (now across the hall at BandB)
Burned to the ground, and replaced with a hotel, airport bland bar...
What a powerful voice is not being heard,
A massive, long lived, Fan Base that is being
blatantly ignored....
I can say these things.. .. I have nothing to lose..
And, sadly, I, no longer have allegiance to THE BELL'S DYNASTY
of creativity, imagination, and devoted following...
I am, merely, an observer...
Who hears much...
And can only shrug my shoulders...
With all of you...
God Bless the memory and the drama of an era...
That was reigned over, in style. by the incomparable
JEANNE COOPER.. who's Dressing Room I was honored to use on her rare day off....
LOL... Thanks for the fun..... And love...... J

• Members

I'll focus on the positives of the trial scenes: 1) merging the testimony of the kids + Noah was far better than calling them one-by-one; 2) Christine's looks at Michael as he failed to cross any witness (because Michael is far too clever to be that obvious in throwing trial); 3) Phyllis' scenes with Billy, Summer and Nikki overcame a two horrific OTT performances by GT in the courtroom and witness stand. 4) Victor using Luca to call out Michael was a good to reveal it; 5) HK, whatever acting training she has taken, has paid off during her performances the past two months. I never thought I'd actually watch her scenes again, much less care what happened to Summer, but she has. 6) Victor reminding Summer about Phyllis/Christine was a good use of a history to bring Summer back to fold. 

• Members

She's right about a lot of things.  Y&R used to have kick ass set decoration.  Lauren's office, remember that?  Breathtaking.  When they debuted Phyllis's new apartment that was stunning.  They used to do sets in foreign countries like Japan and beach spots that were great.  They don't do any of that anymore.  I also think the fan base is being ignored and I don't mean because they don't use the veteran actors I mean they don't seem to remember who these characters are, that they could still be developed in interesting ways if the writers would take the time to create story arcs that made sense.  Instead they skip around from one pointless plot to the next.  They have all but side lined Sharon and Lily.  Oh well, complaining doesn't do any good.  Hopefully when they notice the ratings are tanking and they can't get sponsors for their laughable awards show someone in TPTB might decide to shake things up.

• Members

While what JC is saying is true for the most part, It seems to come from her being butt hurt her set Gloworm was destroyed for other places. She felt her set was taken away and is bitter. Meanwhile, for her to get Gloworm, the show took Indigo from KSJ. I'm sure his loss didn't bother her one bit. She didn't even acknowlege that bit in her rant. I can't take her seriously.

• Members

I think she's right and she probably mentioned Gloworm because she's basically speaking to her own fans. Who else would be following her on Facebook? Maybe she's bitter, but I more got the sense that she's resigned to what soaps have become, much like a lot of long terms fans that she's interacting with online. There was a time when the thought of destroying the Chancellor mansion would have been unthinkable to me. Now I'm not even surprised. Sad.

Archived