Y&R: March 2016 Discussion Thread

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There was a scene last week with Phyl and Billy sitting (supposedly) in the Chancellor LR chit chatting about how great it was that he bought the place, right before they had a bout of tongue wrestlin.  Based on that and JCs thing, who knows.  Sounds like something is up...

This trial is just so...ugh.  What would Victor be guilty of?  Being a dickhead?  What kind of jail time does that usually carry? :rolleyes:

I must have missed when Nick and Sage moved to the Condo.  Why did they leave the Tac house??

• Members

I can't remember the actual charge. It might be something along the lines of fraud and kidnapping. Victor is the one who replaced Jack with the look alike (Marco).

The trial was plain silly. Nothing Victor's family has done has any bearing on Victor's guilt or innocence.

• Members

Regardless of the nonsense of Victor's trial - procedures, not having Christine produce the evidence, etc. I am glad that we're getting Newman family scenes that show all the conflicts between them and with their feelings about Victor. I'd much rather watch the group hashing it out outside the courtroom or Victoria lashing out at Nikki than a lot of other things we've been fed during the past few years. With the presumption the Victor is getting off, I don't see it - I still think Adam is the wildcard here. I'm staying spoiler free and not looking at day ahead, so I don't know. 

Oh, and with the exception of the testimony and the jumping up scenes, GT has been completely on mark during the past two weeks. Thank goodness, she's been getting material worthy of her talent. And, yeah, I'm totally stanning for Philly.

• Members

I see what you're saying, but sometimes it's not easy for me to get over the absurdity of the trial to enjoy the rest of the show.

GT has been good, she and JT definitely have chemistry and it looks like they going for all out marriage fail with Jack, based on how he confronted her on yesterday's show.  WTF was that all about?  His wife was raped, he was held captive and got his ass kicked repeatedly and he's mad that Phyllis wants revenge?  GMAFB.  Jack should be in on this up to his eyeballs AND enjoying it but then again, that version of Jack has been gone a looooong time.

I take it no one knows why Sage and Nick are in the condo, other than the fact they will be close to Adam when the chickens come home to roost...

I miss CG

• Members

^ Totally agree. It was an insult to the viewers intelligence, but hey, maybe I am stupid for continuing to watch some of the drivel daytime TV has been serving up lately. DOOL and GH are still worse though. Can't speak for B&B since I gave that up (at least for now).

• Members

Don't forget, most importantly, how close he was to Sharon for the longest time, whom he always loved and adored, and stuck up for even when EVERYONE else was being horribly nasty to her. Even if that changed (ugh), to torment her with her dead daughter? Horrific. Everything Victor's done for over a decade now is COMPLETELY out of character.

:lol: and YES!

• Members

Thanks for mentioning the 'real' Sharon/Victor history. Which writing team decided to have Victor marry Sharon (wasn't Victor in prison back then, too)? And, then have Victor completely turn against her. But for a reason to bring CG's back, Victor loved Cassie and would never have exploited Cassie's memory like, much less discover that she was a twin, who had been tossed around. No, the real Victor, would've 'rescued' Mariah and reunited her with Sharon. I'm not at what point during the past few years, Victor is almost exclusively dark and cruel, rather than using his 'powers' to help. 

Re: The Mausoleum - I'd rather have the Abbotts all back in the same house again than another person with their own place. It's silly, but having meals together as a family did produce some great drama and continuity.  Changing CM doesn't bother me - it's not like Kay, Jill or anyone else truly tied to that place is around. Unless Jill was on regularly, that old parlor feel would look ridiculous unless occupied by someone who truly had ties there. Oh, and I think the new direction of the set is rather hideous. LOL Thank goodness JT/GT are winners in keeping the Billy & Phyllis characters alive.

Archived