Y&R: March 2016 Discussion Thread

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I haven't watched in a few weeks but I read this board to see if the writing is improving.  Doesn't sound like it.  IMO they really need to get some continuity going with the characters and story lines because the disjointed overly dramatic stuff they have been pedaling is not good soap writing.  I officially checked out when I saw Victor waving a gun around.  It looked to me like the show was going full GH, not good.  The ratings seem to be taking a hit which is probably why they did the super fast wrap up of the Patty/Dr. Anderson plot.  Hopefully things will improve and I can start watching again.  All I ask for is one interesting (new) soapy story!

• Members

Which is why, even when I do watch, I don't pay much attention.  There's nothing to invest in with this show, because in 4-6 months, the characters will be reset and ready for the next illogical story with little to no payoff or consequence.

• Members

Yes, someone woke up six months ago and said, "Why did we hire skilled and sexy soap actor and turn her into a Stepford frump?" Again, GT should be in stories with Adam, Chelsea, nununuBilly, etc.

BTW - the same could be said about SC - they have been dressing and styling her so much better. And, she looked WAAY to young to be Noah's mother today. 

Archived