YRBB

Y&R: March 2016 Discussion Thread

Now I have to watch the whole week.   I'm watching Thursday's epi and the entire cast and crew killed it.  I love Slater/Esser scripts and O'Brien's directing was fierce.  The costumes, settings. The acting.  Best episode of the year of any soap.

I haven't watched in a few weeks but I read this board to see if the writing is improving.  Doesn't sound like it.  IMO they really need to get some continuity going with the characters and story lines because the disjointed overly dramatic stuff they have been pedaling is not good soap writing.  I officially checked out when I saw Victor waving a gun around.  It looked to me like the show was going full GH, not good.  The ratings seem to be taking a hit which is probably why they did the super fast wrap up of the Patty/Dr. Anderson plot.  Hopefully things will improve and I can start watching again.  All I ask for is one interesting (new) soapy story!

Edited by piperisthenewsookie

I haven't watched in a few weeks but I read this board to see if the writing is improving.  Doesn't sound like it.  IMO they really need to get some continuity going with the characters and story lines because the disjointed overly dramatic stuff they have been pedaling is not good soap writing.  I officially checked out when I saw Victor waving a gun around.  It looked to me like the show was going full GH, not good.  The ratings seem to be taking a hit which is probably why they did the super fast wrap up of the Patty/Dr. Anderson plot.  Hopefully things will improve and I can start watching again.  All I ask for is one interesting (new) soapy story!

200_s.gif

This is UpChuck Pratt after all...B)

Now I have to watch the whole week.   I'm watching Thursday's epi and the entire cast and crew killed it.  I love Slater/Esser scripts and O'Brien's directing was fierce.  The costumes, settings. The acting.  Best episode of the year of any soap.

Slater/Esser are the last connections we have to the Bell era and usually they're responsible for the more watchable day to day shows. 

Oh JJ, I meant that he has chem with Phyllis. They have TONS of chem. I always feel like she's an aide taking care of Jack, not his wifey...LOL!!!!

what was the point of de-aging Phyllis to saddle her with Aunt Jack. It's a good thing the past four or five months have finally started to correct this. I'm glad this has been more of a slow burn rather than an insta-affair. 

The endless Villy back and forth, my God, why? It makes it impossible for me to care about these people at all.

The show isn't terrible day to day, but the characters continue to not make a lot of sense. Summer being on Victor's side, Lauren encouraging Michael to give ineffective counsel to Victor, Jack as the town's moral nag. I'm not buying any of it.  Lauren has almost always been the voice of reason. At the very least Michael could be disbarred. I'm sure what he's about to do is even a criminal offense, yet Lauren thinks it's a great idea. OK. At least now we know how Victor will eventually get out of this mess.

Which is why, even when I do watch, I don't pay much attention.  There's nothing to invest in with this show, because in 4-6 months, the characters will be reset and ready for the next illogical story with little to no payoff or consequence.

I've seen episodes sparingly so I am not really following the show at all, but I have to say that they are styling Gina Tognoni immaculately these days. Her hair and wardrobe has mostly been on point from what I've seen over the past few weeks or so. 

I've seen episodes sparingly so I am not really following the show at all, but I have to say that they are styling Gina Tognoni immaculately these days. Her hair and wardrobe has mostly been on point from what I've seen over the past few weeks or so. 

Yes, someone woke up six months ago and said, "Why did we hire skilled and sexy soap actor and turn her into a Stepford frump?" Again, GT should be in stories with Adam, Chelsea, nununuBilly, etc.

BTW - the same could be said about SC - they have been dressing and styling her so much better. And, she looked WAAY to young to be Noah's mother today. 

You haven't watched in a few weeks? But reading this board tells you what you need to know about the writing and continuity?

Uh, ok.

You haven't watched in a few weeks? But reading this board tells you what you need to know about the writing and continuity?

Uh, ok.

Which is why, even when I do watch, I don't pay much attention.  There's nothing to invest in with this show, because in 4-6 months, the characters will be reset and ready for the next illogical story with little to no payoff or consequence.

Uh, yeah.  Posts like this let me know I'm not missing anything good on the show.  I've been a loyal viewer for over ten years, I can get a very good idea of what's happening by catching a show every few weeks and reading this board.

Cane and Lily back togther, who whudda thunk it?  They'll never break them up permanently.. that's their whole schtick "make up to breakup that's all we do..."  together they're boring AF...

Edited by Cyberologist