Y&R: December 2015 Thread

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think they are throwing her at Adam at all. No way in hell would they go there, imo. They just want to show that Adam is mourning Christian and the Adam/Sage scenes are the only way to do that. He'd look like a completely heartless bastard if not for those scenes. Actually, he still does to me. He chose Chelsea over his baby which is rank. These scenes are an attempt at mitigation though. Sage is toast. 

Meanwhile, I find Sage sort of interesting. Not the actress, I agree that isn't working, but the character is stepping outside of the cookie cutter emotions we normally see from soap characters these days (which is how I know she is a dead woman walking). Well, maybe she'll just turn psycho and haunt Nick every couple of years. 

• Members

But they are throwing Sage at Adam. Today's CDN episode was proof of that. Chelsea is already showing her displeasure of Sage hanging around. 

My question is when will KS contract be up? Her firing really can't happen soon enough 

• Members

Sage may be in Adam's story, but she's nothing but minor angst.  I can't see them becoming a serious romantic couple for so many reasons. Number one being that Y&R isn't going to put JH with a woman in her 40's. I wish they would (Sharon), but I can't see it. There's too much ageism/misogyny in this regime for that.  I do believe Chadam are in for a rough patch when Chelsea finds out the truth, Adam may even shag Sage again, but I don't believe anything will come of it. 

• Members

TIIC will put Sage wherever they feel they need to in order to make her happen.  She and Nick were dull as dishwater so now they feel they need to mover her back into Adam's orbit where she last generated any semblance of interest.  I don't think Pratt/TPTB care whether she provides angst, is a complete interloper or poses as a romantic rival to Chelsea-- they just want to get KS in there somehow and in a position where Sage can be a viable character down the road.  That's a tough ask, imo.  JMO but KS' acting abilities are limited and the writing isn't doing her any favors.  If all else to ingratiate Sage, Pratt will probably pull a Kelly on her and do to KS what they did to Cady McClain-- make Sage batsh*t crazy.

I think GT is fine but the writing for her isn't.  In fact, the biggest problem with this show is the writing.  The cast issues (which are significant, don't get me wrong) are secondary.

• Members

KS is in her 30s, she is a year younger then JH

I don't see anything significant happening between Adam and Sage, this is angst for Chadam/Nage.  we still got Dr. A for Nick and Sage to deal with.  But I do see Chadam/Nage quad coming next year when Christian is revealed to be Adams.

My poor Sage, my poor Nick, give the baby back

Sharon is obviously still drugged up, and fake as ever, painful to watch he gush over Niktor

• Members

I didn't bring up age, someone else did

Sharon was ctualu on screen this week, soooooo I can talk bout her

So YR had its highest rated sweeps since 2010 , and hardly any Sharon during said sweeps, hmmmmmmm

Archived