Y&R: December 2015 Thread

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

God, this show has turned to such trash. Pratt has knocked the soul out of this show. I'm trying to think of a single character he hasn't ruined. Maybe Jill is the only one, and that's because they don't write for her. Every character is ruined and no one acts like themselves. So frustrating watching this show run into the ground.

• Members

I sincerely believe she is going to be killed off. I know she's supposedly a FOJ and all that, but the writing is on the wall. She's Nick's Sabrina, except more of a bitch. My evidence is 1. insta love/marriage/baby 2. rejecting Victoria and Nick when they tried to share the stories of their children's deaths. 3. Being mean to a child. 4. No way I believe Adam and Sage are going to co-parent Christian.

When people say that she is being sainted I just don't get it. I can hardly remember the last time a main character lashed out at a child like that. Add to that being nasty to Victoria when she spoke of Eve? Nope. Sage is being written as an awful person. 

• Members

All couples are insta love, marriage, baby nowadays. I cite you the show's reigning signature couple, Chelsea and Adam. 

I think that Sage is JFP's Phyllis substitute. She couldn't get Sullivan as Phyllis so she's making her Phyllis in name only. Only thing is that the characterization can't be pulled off by just anyone. I wasn't some huge fan of MS but she made that borderline narcisitic personality disorder work and gave the character quirks that softened her. I liken it to when MAB brought on Morgan as Harmony and attempted to make her Drucilla in all but name. Huge fail.

• Members

Initially, I think Y&R did try to make Sage 'happen' especially after the split from Adam's orbit and into Nick but they soon realized that it wasn't going to work so they had to restore the edge.  It's not so much edge now, though, as it appears to be an emerging instability and it was obvious in those hospital scenes after she'd suffer cramps--even before the baby was born, before Christian was swiped.

I think TPTB realize the actress' shortcomings and am to cover them by bolstering her strengths, portraying unhinged.  

• Members

Candis Cayne played Stitch and Abby's wedding planner today and she's transgender.  I recognize her from RuPaul's Drag Race where she's appeared many times as a choreographer, something she's actually good at.  She didn't blow me away as the wedding planner today. I think the show should concentrate on telling decent stories and not on stunt casting of one variety or another.  

• Members

At least Hartley and Egan can make Adam and Chelsea come alive and be more interesting that so many other characters on this show(hello Billy, Victoria. Sage, Nick etc.) Sage worked better early on with Adam and it should have stayed that way. Sage works so much better as a supporting vixen as opposed to be lead heroine.

I don't know what the hell was with the Ian/Victor/Phyllis scenes today and yesterday. Who cares about Billy and Victoria's umpteenth breakup? 

• Members

It's been bit by bit. Initially Heinle had the support of strong writing and acted like Tom's Victoria although a bit unconvincingly. Then they recognized her weaknesses as changed Victoria into more of a traditional heroine as opposed to the next Jill or something along the lines. It didn't always work and could be annoying but at least when Victoria was paired with JT it could be overlooked because the two had chemistry and Victoria hadn't been dumbed down. Since the onset of Billy and Victoria however the writing for the character has gotten worse and Heinle had gotten lazier over the years and the attempts to restore Victoria back to her former self have all backfired. With the advent of Jenkins in the role of Billy and the continued bad writing for the couple has been the Achilles heel for whatever fans the pairing had(and they were fanatics it seemed) to finally see reason after five years of crap to jump ship and let it sink. Under Pratt Victoria has mainly been a nagger still unfortunately tied to Billy, when Victoria should be not be tied down to someone like Billy but instead should be tied to a sexy Damien Grimaldi type character.

Victoria's still salvageable and still vital to the show, but it would take an overhaul of the character to get me interested in her again. 

• Members

Funny cause this is the first time since Sharon boinked Brad and Vikki went into vengeance mode temporarily that I actually...sorta like her again? Outside of the Billy stuff she feels a lot more true to character. Nasty business wench barely anyone can pretend to stand and constantly looking for Daddy's acceptance as the true heir.

Heinle still doesn't have the true bite needed but I've accepted she's never going anywhere

Archived