GH: November 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think aliens placed a giant pod next to Michael's bed, and replaced him while he was sleeping.  That's the only explanation that works for what's become of that character.

I was thrilled to see Sonny brought down by the judge today, and just where does he get off berating Carly who has obviously been in a fairly serious accident for not being at his beck and call.  This man thinks he's king of the world, and he needs to be smashed.

• Members

The show is better for me under Jelly than it was by the end of Ron's run. I was thinking about dropping it for awhile there and I'm damn hard to get ride of as a viewer. The Franco and Nina show was just to much for me under Ron.

Michael is awful right now. Totally disgusted by his defense of Sonny. The judge calling Sonny reprehensible probably would not have happened under Guza, so I appreciate that. I also appreciate that people have conversations that are based in reality now and then. Tracy made all kinds of sense when she told Lulu it wasn't the best move to have another baby when Rocco is so little and she has a business to run. 

• Members

The show's bearable under Pissy. It's not great or compelling TV by any means. There's no urgency for me to watch the show, there's so many characters just aimless and without direction, I don't like the Sonny and Jason worshipping. They're really both better served when they aren't propped endlessly.

I do like that the dialogue seems a bit more adult again. I like that there seems to be a desire for the characters to have houses to live in again and for them to have careers/jobs. I also think the few vets they're writing for are already better used as to how they should be used. I'd certainly like Monica and Bobbie on so much more than they are, but they feel like they should to me, as does Tracy. I think the characters are being better written.

Ron just wrote everyone to be completely juvenile and making them look stupid for the plot. I liked Ron's very beginning on GH (same as I did on OLTL) but it seems there's always something that causes him to derail and go into crazy fantasy land where it's way too fan-ficy and not good fan fiction. I appreciate the returned Nurse's Ball, which wasn't anywhere near it could have been, I appreciated the vets' returns and he did somewhat write for them, it just wasn't any good. Lucy and Felicia both had some story arcs they got to play out but Ron loses interest. He lost interest in Lucy and Laura (they were supposed to have the Deception story together, but for me all that was going to be was Lucy/Laura/Scott and making them fools over each other) and he tried a few times to bring on Lucy's daughter but it never worked. He's a very "obvious" writer. I think he means well, or thinks he means well, and gave himself way too much credit and had too much ego-stroking over the years. I bet he's back down to earth now. It's a shame because I think if he was reigned in and had a strong co-HW, I didn't hate everything he came up with, but the execution, motivations, dropped plot points and endless weeks without seeing things and then being over-fed others (which was probably Frank and scheduling) ... he was just all over the place.

Rant over. LOL.

LOL. It was hilarious. I'm glad Michael did though. I hate Michael is licking Sonny's behind again but I do like he's not nasty to Carly anymore. Morgan's got to be one of the most aimless characters ever. And he's so far up Sonny's behind too. I do love Morgan's shade towards Ric and his hate for him.

Yeah, pretty much the bolded. It's not great by any means and there are soooo many problems, but it's gone from a D to a C-.

Probably but I have no idea. Guess we'll see.

Archived