GH: November 2015 Discussion Thread

• Members

We are of one mind. I only wish we would get a good Liz/Monica confrontation out of this. Not even angry Monica, but hurt Monica. The woman lost three children and Liz didn't throw her a life line when she could have. Still, I don't think any of this is all that far out of Liz's character. She's always been a character that switches between sinner and saint.

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Agreed wholeheartedly. People seem to be forgetting how selfish Liz has been for years. This isn't a new development. Love BH, she's a great actress, but her character has been messed up for a really long time. Still makes good drama. I agree when ppl say that her character has been ruined but I've felt this way for many, many years. Far cry from her teenage years. Can't wait for her smackdown. It should be fun. My only wonder is where she goes from here. 

• Members

TBH I find the show a lot better now. The major issue that GH has is that there are no real villians. What I mean is that there are very few schemers or behind the back plotting. Besides Paul, Ava, Hayden, and Liz, everyone is kind of playing nice all the time. Nikolas, who I find is the most ruined character (by far more ruined that Liz --no way would Nikolas be the type of dood to arrange for someone to be killed) but he serves no real purpose now and that's a shame. I hate Nina but she's suddenly become normal with zero personality. Franco is nice now. Julian is nice now. Olivia and Julian worked things out- anticlimactic. Sonny, still annoying as f**k isn't even scheming anymore. As much as I'm really liking the show now, the show needs to raise the stakes and make people scheme, double cross, have verbal or physical fights again, instead of a town of good people or bad people being good. The only true and horrid miss is the Sabrina story. Sorry, but that story is dumb as rocks. It makes zero sense. One thing I have to admit is that Kiki is much improved IMO. I actually like her, when two months ago I wanted her to get run over by a truck. Morgan is still the same annoyance he always was. Wish list would be that Morgan, Sonny, and Nina be written out. For me those three need a permanent rest.  

• Members

If GH is improved, it's only in comparison to the horrible dreck it had become under Craptini.

"Improved" isn't the same as good, because GH is still dry, dull, lifeless, and In need of a real jump start. It's not enough to get rid of the camp and the 6-second scenes. It's not enough to FINALLY get to the Jason reveal -- especially when this reveal is so lacking in drama and tension. There's no excitement at all.

Psychological writing? Innovative scripting? Smart tv? They're not there. Those are empty phrases that mean nothing. Lying about the state of GH doesn't help anything.

• Members

I agree with you Mr. Sweet. One of the great things about Liz getting caught is that Carly/Sam/Liz are going to stop being besties. THANK GOD. These woman should not be kind to each other on a daily basis. That makes for some boring soap.

As for Liz, they screwed that character's foundation when they destroyed Lucky. Lucky was her signature pairing and she no longer has that to ground her or as a cushion to fall back on when another pairing doesn't work out. That was a huge mistake by TPTB, but if the stories are true that happened because Burton was more comfortable working with BH, since they were friends IRL.

No good comes from letting the inmates run the asylum and GH let SB, MB and TG put their hands in the pie way too much for my taste.  It's all the worse because they could have done the Jason/Liz pairing without making Lucky seem like the biggest loser to walk the planet. That summer of sleaze (as they call it) happened nearly 10 years ago and some of the characters involved have never been the same.

• Members

When it comes to Liz

tumblr_m6v4edeHAU1rafwcyo1_400.gif

She's been a mess for a while but seems worse now than ever before. She's never been this overtly selfish and deceitful. Dare I say in the past she had more heart? When she lied about Jake's paternity and married Lucky, she justified it as her trying to protect him from having a relapse. When she was cheating with Nikolas, she came across truly broken, unworthy and suffered a mental breakdown.Even through that stuff, the show still kind of regarded her as some type of paragon.  Now? She has no justification other than she's taken what she wants and to hell with everyone else around her. Im sure her nurse friends will have her back but I cant imagine anyone else besides Nik or maybe Ric giving her the time of day. What she's done is enough to turn her into the town pariah with those that she tends to interact with. 

If she learns nothing from all of this I hope she takes this lesson.

tumblr_m7wjveEFz71r4ghkoo1_400.gif

Because its going to come back to bite her in the ass

• Members

I agree with you for the most part. But I think Liz did justify what she's currently doing: she's convinced herself that Sam has Patrick now and she's happy with him, therefore it's her own turn to be happy. Is it a flaky, selfish, deluded, misguided, pathetic justification? 100% yes. But justification regardless. Can't wait 'til she is exposed. I think it will be fun. And with many complaining that GH has no sense of urgency, at least this should be something juicy to look forward to. In all honesty, this show needs more moments of underhandedness like this in order for the storylines to have more potency. Here is where I might be hypocrical: I'm not sure if I love to hate Liz or if I just hate her. What do you all think?

Do you love-to-hate Liz? Or just hate her? It's a legit question. I'm curious to know.

• Members

I dont love to hate her bc I dont want to hate her. She used to be one of my favorite character and I want to like her but she's been a mess for so long that I cant support her like this. There are characters that I hate like Nina, Sonny, Franco, etc... that I will always hate and have no hope with me. With Liz, I still have hope for her but everytime it seems she's back to normal, she reverts again and it makes it hard to take her seriously

• Members

Fair enough, Cheap21. She was one of my faves too. 

But as who she is as of now, I'm still conflicted over what I think of her. She brings juice to the canvas though.

What about all of you? I'm curious.

Regarding the character of Liz: Do you love her, hate her, or love-to-hate her? 

Archived