Jean Passanante exits Y&R

• Members

Mar dar just didn't fit on Days...when I watched the shoe during her stint...I figured she would have fit better on AMC...given the jack ptsd story along with the support group scenes plus the Madison character with the abandoned father and striving to be the best in business was such an Agnes Nixon character type.....I do think her stint on AMC was loads better..but it was cause she had strong people to help her as well ad her ideas fitting amc vs days.

Last year of YR was somewhat better..but I think Altman was the reason more so then pass ante. Plus, the few months Altman wrote on her own was pretty good..and it started to lost direction

once passannte came aboard ..IMHO

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I didn't mind MarDar either. I think they were starting to gain a stride when they were given the boot. And I agree that they needed someone experienced to share the reigns with them. I'm surprised that Corday didn't think of putting them alongside the Cullitons and just make a 4 person head writing team.

• Members

I agree about the Cullitons, though I'd hate to lose their scripts. They and Salmons are the best, even if Carolyn C. has an off script every now and then.

I'm trying to get myself hopeful about Griffith and Higs. Strangely I think it could work. COULD work.

Griffith isn't awful, IMHO, just a bit boring. Higs is familiar with DAYS but I have no idea how she comes up with the storylines she does. She's terrible solo. Maybe together they can work. I think it's clear Higs was Corday's choice and Griffith was Sony. Where does NBC fall in all of this?

But anwyho ... this is about Jean Piss finally exiting. Stick to breakdowns Jean.

• Members

She could also be sole head writer of GH since u all hate Ron. She would bring a classic serious more Labine written GH. I could see Jean writing a story of Liz getting breast cancer and dealing with the pain and suffering.

• Members

The thing is Jean P as sole head writer would make u guys happier u hate Ron. Her GH would be less campy more psychological pysche drama. I would love if Shelly came on to GH with her. Shelley and Jean would give us a brilliant GH.

• Members

http://daytimeconfidential.com/2015/05/06/jean-passanante-out-at-yr

Jamey regretting say bad things about Jean misses her at Y&R now. I miss the deep psychological writing that we witnessed under Jeans pen. I loved he suggested her working with Kay Alden. I have said good things about Jill her resume but what was unclassy thing is she didn't thank Jean at all for her Delia memorial episode and the episode with Adam and Billy showdown. What a slap in the face to Jean P.

• Members

Sorry. I'll never understand "the deep psychological writing" you claim Jean brought to Y&R. The show was a snooze fest under her and SA. Granted, Pratt's Y&R is a train wreck, but Jean didn't get Y&R either. Why pair her with Kay Alden? Pair Kay and Sally S. Morina, two of Bill Bell's proteges, and let them try to undo the damage the past writing regimes have done. In the grand scheme of things, Jean's departure is barely a blip on Y&R's radar. I suppose she didn't do any huge harm to the show, but her tenure as co-head brought nothing fresh or exciting. A dead baby storyline? It's how JFP always wins Emmys, and Jean was complicit. I really hope Jean retires, or returns to writing breakdowns. She's had some modicum of success doing that. But a co-head of one of the other soaps? No, no, no.

Archived