Why wasn't Kay Alden as respected by TPTB as Bill Bell

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Exactly, Nina had gone through so many years of not knowing what happen to her baby, and though she brought it up occasionally, it was definitely nothing that had to be explored....maybe if Alden or a capable writer on the other hand were to try bringing it to life.

Instead we got a smarmy "hunk" who was basically shoved down our throats for us to see Eden Reigel's boring Heather and Chloe fight over, without even the slightest interest to try to connect him with Nina...

• Members

God, I just love that fight. I can watch it on a loop all day long, the really nasty insults. The way Diane pushes Nikki's buttons like no one else could...AD and MTS really went for it, physically, the Jabot boardroom fight was another absolute classic: Diane hurls Nikki against a window, through the blinds, and Nikki basically squeals.

• Members

I'm late to all the sperm story talk, but I always wondered that if Brenda Epperson were still playing Ashley at that time if Ashley would have even been involved at all. Somehow I could never see her Ashley in that storyline (not that the character deserved that story regardless of who was playing her).

(Yes, I prefer to believe Shari Shattuck never played Ashley)....

• Members

Epperson's Ashley would've never been in the sperm story because her lack of chemistry with Victor/EB wouldn't have justified it.

It worked with Eileen because Eileen's a stronger actress & because the history her Ashley's had with Victor supported her actions.

• Members

Shari Shattuck was raked over the coals by viewers during her run. They tried pairing her with several men, but nothing clicked. They even brought Grant Cramer (ex-Shawn Garrison) back to put her with and he only made like 4 appearances before he disappeared never to be seen again. They also tried her with Cole Howard and Kurt Costner.

Archived