Victoria Rowell to sue CBS

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Tim Stickney was never used by daytime the right way, but he also was not drummed out or made persona non grata. As he's said in the recent past, he basically chose to quit. He sometimes had creative input in the writers' room - he was in the ABC writers' program, and has said he would do a lot of work on his scripts at their discretion. But when he went to recurring he made it very clear what he would and would not be doing and made his own way.

The question here is also, who made who what? LML and Maria Bell are both long gone. It's clear CBS and Sony have no idea how to deal with black people but they are still scrambling to find a way to handle that audience. I think if not for a lot of this mishegoss she herself has helped to foment, VR would have been back on Y&R several years ago. Probably not in the greatest stories on Earth, but onscreen nonetheless.

She just wants to go back. I don't know why she has chosen all these weird routes to it.

• Members

But in the non.entertainment field..if you slam your previous employer..doesn't that lessen your chance of being rehired or even getting a new job?

She did.choose to leave and she took a gamble with speaking out against said employer. It was brave of her to do so, but then to want to return after slamming them makes no sense to me.

However, I'm an outsider and I don't know all the facts. There might be something not made public between her and CBS/Sony/bell family that hasn't made public that motivated this lawsuit...or not.

• Members

When other Black soap actors harshly criticized the Daytime they weren't told to stop complaining & make their own.

Ellen Holly has been critical of Agnes Nixon & OLTL for decades yet is hailed as a legend.

Tim Stickney may not be persona non grata now but for someone talented enough to get in the writing program he was pretty much only doctoring his own scripts (something Vicki herself had been doing without his access OR being paid).

James Reynolds (amongst others) AGREED with Vicki yet he & other actors of color receive very little in the way of fan support (outside of MAYBE Debbi Morgan) when they're inevitably shoved to the backburner.

Those who were SO hopeful about Leslie, Tyler & Mason's "potential" when they were first hired are "shocked" (yet silent) now that they're all but gone from Y&R.

• Members

Imo instead of doing this she should have tried to make amends with them and apologize for her part. She was an actor played to play a part. God u would have thought she was a producer on the show. Bill Bell did think highly of Victoria be he's been dead almost 10 years. I do remember Maria Bell trying to get her back or inquire and they told her absolutely no. Victoria made her bed now she has to lie in it

• Members

Exactly. Not many people have spent years badmouthing a company and the people that work there, putting them on blast and trashing them in the process, and get hired back. Haha, Id love to hear a success story from someone on here about this working out for them. VR has done herself no favors with the way she's carried on and after nearly a decade, she needs to move on already.

Archived