Victoria Rowell to sue CBS

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Can't see that VR or her legal team really think they have a chance going up against a major corporation based on events from years ago.

All I can think is that Ms Rowell thinks that the case will bring to light some of the racism in the industry and/ or put her back in the spotlight which might lead to some work.

In the years following her leaving Y&R I'm sure she has missed out on work.Most execs would never had heard of her (like most daytime'stars') and any feelers they put out would come back negative,eg She badmouthed CBS. So they would move on to a less challenging candidate.

Now with Empire,Scandal etc taking off I'm sure there will be a slew of projects with black casts.Networks love to copy success.The fact that the imitators seldom succeeed is always ignored.

• Members

Sony and the Bells do not own the entire entertainment industry. So if that is Ms. Rowell's stance as to why she isn't working, it's weak as hell.

I tend to agree with those who think this is a (very misguided) way to try to go back to a soap she left. She was not fired. She left. And no employer is beholden to a former employee once "former" kicks in. Some rehire, some don't. Welcome to the world of employment. And when a worker bitches at the hand that feeds them - whether the bitching is rooted in fact or not - it's not hard to see why the employer wouldn't want to chance things for any Round 2.

Not the entertainment business, but there was a story on my Facebook feed today where a teenager was bitching about her job at a pizzeria on Twitter - and her boss saw all the trash talk and fired her - also on Twitter. So employers not wanting all the drama isn't just exclusive to TV or whatever. It's life.

In this David versus Goliath lawsuit, I just do not see this ending favorably for VR. I understand she is a talented author. Maybe she should devote her energy there.

• Members

I honestly don't see how. She is taking on corporations with loads of money and power. Her name may be out there, but I can't see anyone wanting to hire her since she has such a contentious history.

Unless you mean financially. But I think this could be career suicide for VR if she wants to continue acting.

Archived