Victoria Rowell to sue CBS

• Members

IDK but if that's the case then she might have a case. But she needs to target CBS and SONY. Not the Bell family, who I am now hearing is getting sued as well. I don't like that. She should not take a shot at Bill Bell's legacy. Especially when they were extremely close and she deems him as her mentor.

I feel like because she was so close to Bill and now she's being shut out, she is lashing out in pain at this point. Y&R is probably the one thing she feels is like a connection between her and Bill, who was possibly viewed as a father figure by her.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I miss Drucilla and VR on Y&R. Just like I miss HT as Victoria. But I don't think either will happen again, and truthfully, I'm okay with it. Why? Because what I miss are those characters under the pen of Bill Bell.

Also, even if some of the players involved don't think their actions were racist, VR does, and her feelings shouldn't just be brushed away. Jesus Braeden and Melody have gotten away with rude, arrogant crap for decades.

• Members

VR has valid issues in what she's talking about but the amount of years that have passed...she should've done what Hunter Tylo did with Aaron Spelling in a relatively short time frame but the amount of years that have passed, though but I guess if she is framing it as not just her but part of a larger pattern, but she'd have to present other examples-- would other Black actors vouch for her?

I just wonder if it will be time (and money) well spent.

• Members

Of course, being a Woma of Color and a writer myself, I know it is NOT easy. The difference between VR and most other people is that she has a network of people she has worked with over her career and irrespective of daytime, she has a fair amount of goodwill. Issa Rae is an example of someone who is now stepping out to do her work, on what appears to be her own terms.

I honestly think that if VR gets a great few scripts put together and gets in contact with a few of her most famous, most influential contacts, she could make something happen on some level.

For what it's worth, I wish her well, regardless.

Archived