DAYS: February 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
LOL, you know I love you but here I go ...

Look, I have zero shame in admitting that I liked him, and loved looking at him, but I also call his fine ass out on phoning it in for a year and doing the Billy Miller by smirking his way through scenes. I for one was glad he exited stage left (or right). He's adorable and I preferred his Will hands down. I guess I have a thing for blondes ;) (Jacob Young has also always been a favorite ... just sayin') (although to be fair Christopher Sean and Freddie Smith are far from slouches ... yes, please)

I think Guy looks just fine though (and I can see, physically, why he was hired). His acting, however? Soooo bad and I really tried to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I keep seeing, elsewhere, the stanning for Chandler and I can't simply because the man chose to leave, he's gone, he isn't coming back (at least not that it appears) and I think the fans have to stop clinging to his Will.

• Members

We share the same taste in men….hehe ..love me some Chandler and Jacob….and Chandler is adorable…hot…etc..etc….and yes he had a fine ass….lol…and no shame in admitting it..I have floved him for a long time.

Guy was a better actor when he was younger. I don't know what happened to his acting.

• Members

I don't either. I also think the stans just never were willing to give him a fair shot. Yes, he's now proven he's not a very good actor at all but he was and has been dismissed because he isn't Chandler and that never sat well with me.

Anywho ... yes we do seem to share a taste in men LOL

• Members

If Guy had knocked this current material out of the park, I think he'd have finally won over a lot of people, since Chandler's now been gone for over a year. They were wise to bring him in when they did, during a time when Will was more of a reactionary character, and ease into using this recast actor as a lead. It's just a shame that he isn't rising to the occasion at all.

• Members

I can't believe JJ and Eve did it again. What!? Kate's reaction to Lucas and Adrienne's friendship was pretty funny. Poor Sonny.

I wonder if Adien's wife is doing a "Gone Girl" on him? Or a version of it where she's actually dead, but set him up for her murder before killing herself or having someone else do it.

• Members

Just got caught up on last week.. Here's my thoughts

1) I was shocked as well to see Aiden's cabin. I thought it would just be another "hear of it, but never see it" set. It looked really nice. And quite big *cough* the 2 mansion sets went away because of what? *cough*... I think for the next few years I will hold a grudge for getting rid of those sets and will mention it every time that I see a new large-ish set. Regardless, the cabin looked nice and was refreshing. I hope we see it more.

2) Paul's coming out to his mom and grandpa was nice. I really liked that it was in Japanese. I would be ticked that it happened if it were Will coming out to Sami/Lucas on the phone but since I'm not as invested in Paul (or especially his family) it was appropriate. The scenes with his grandpa telling him he was proud of him were touching and well acted out.

3) Sonny's attack and Will's scenes at the bedside were well written and I can not wait until all sH!t his the fan when the Paul/Will reveal happens. I really hope it's public like Eric/Kristen was!

4) Judi Evans wins the acting award of the week! Her scenes in the Sonny attack aftermath and with Bryan D. were well acted!

5) I LOVED seeing the chapel set again! It's been a while. The chapel is a set that (even though not used often) has always been one of my favorite sets! There are so many great emotional scenes from that chapel! Loved seeing Will pray and Victor supporting Will.

6) I also liked that split screen ending on Thursday's episode. I wish they would do things like that more often!

7) Was it me or were those some pretty explicit scenes in the Brady/Melanie love-making scenes. Days usually shies away from love scenes I feel like and this time they went into detail. It reminded me of old school Days love scenes.

8) I also appreciated Melanie's "Dano" mention. I know he was only on the show for a few months and was really and insignificant character... but I love it when the writers respect the show's history and small mentions like this are pleasant surprises to me.

9) Lastly, I was so happy to see the "CPR saves lives" sign in the hospital. That sign has been a staple at the hospital at least since I started watching in 1996. I used to laugh because even as the hospital set got "redesigned" and space got cut over time that sign used to always pop up somewhere in the hospital set. I feel like I hadn't seen it in forever (maybe even a couple years) but I saw it in an episode this past week outside of Sonny's hospital room and I was so happy to see the old sign! Does anyone else notice this sign (or little touches like this)? hah

• Members

Paige....what an ungrateful brat! She is yelling at Blair, telling her she's moving out, but exactly who is paying for her dorm? I dont see her bland ass with a job. Her reaction and words toward her mother were so over the top and she doesnt even know about the affair. Hopefully she does kill herself when she learns

• Members

I don't think it would have happened. Will's never been a character who interested people all that much. Most of the people who cared about him cared about Chandler only, which is why so many of them were rooting for his Will to [!@#$%^&*] a man who had raped his mother and tried to kill his father. They just wanted to see him having sex with other men. Frankly I think that's the only reason he had any fans at all, as the only fans he had before that horribly written coming out story wanted him to !@#$%^&*] Chad.

Unfortunately I do think Wilson is a weak/poor actor, and that's not on Massey, it's on him.

• Members

The Aiden storyline definitely seems like it's going to be a Gone Girl type thing.

I'm really liking Paul. I like the character and the actor. I would prefer Sonny with him over Will at this point. I actually thought I was going to like Guy Wilson when he first came on because I did not like Chandler (I know that a lot of people did, but I just never really got into him), but GW is just awful! It is disappointing that this is what we are getting for the character of Will.

I dislike Serena as well. I have no idea why the writers are trying to make me dislike Nicole so much, but I wish they would redeem her and write for her better.

During Melanie's last stint I actually would have thought I would have liked her with Brady, but I am just not feeling it. Maybe it's because they played them up as having a brother-sister type relationship for so long, but I can't get into them.

I'm starting to actually like Theresa more. I don't know, maybe it's because all the characters around her are so unlikeable.

What are they going to do with JJ going down the road? I know they've slept together a few times now but it's not as like he is going to start dating Eve, he shouldn't get back together with Paige (a- because of what he did and b-because she is so awful and boring). So I'll be interested to see where they take him. I really liked JJ when he first came back to Salem and still really like Casey Moss, so I hope that there are future storylines for him once the current one with Paige/Eve reaches its peak.

Archived