GH: December 2014 Thread

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

When Nathan got shot, I involuntarily fist pumped, "YES!" Ugh, Helena, stuff that little fresh mouthed turd in a pillowcase and toss him in the river.

So is Dr. O really on her way out? I just knew she was going to quote Willie Nelson the minute she began to apologize. What a cornball writing staff.

• Members

I thought all of the actors were so good though. No doubt, none of it makes a damn bit of sense in terms of writing and story context. I just tried to enjoy the good acting outside of the context. Constance Towers was excellent with the little boy who plays Spencer, for example. I also thought KT gave a nice goodbye performance with him and Kathleen Gati. Really good acting by all of them, imo.

Doesn't seem like it and I sure hope not. I enjoy her performances even if the writing for her is awful.

• Members

I've tried enjoying stuff RC writes for great actors devoid of its context many times at his two soaps. It only works for so long before you can't do it. This stuff where we're clearly being pushed and pushed to sympathize with Obrecht and her loved ones is so stomach-turning and so forest for the trees.

I think in Ron Carlivati's mind, all Obrecht needs to take a fall equivalent to her villainous actions is Faison's rejection. Look, she got her comeuppance! No, not really. That's just an excuse for her to sing another [!@#$%^&*] song.

it's clear that giving Robin, or Anna, or anyone else truly deserving satisfaction over Obrecht is not going to happen. And that's why I have come to resent the character, despite loving her on her first day, wanting more of her and loving Kathleen Gati's wonderful work on the show over the last year or two. In a way, she (and a few others like her) are to Ron what Sonny or Jason were to Bob Guza. She could be a much more organic antiheroine, but they keep handicapping everyone else to make her shine and give her all the spotlight - see also: Nina, Franco, any number of other RC/FV stars.

I would like Obrecht and KG to continue on GH in some capacity. But if it's going to stay like this - with Obrecht lording what video game players call her "plot armor" over the rest of the good guys and always getting the lion's share of sympathy despite the horrific things she does, while Anna, Robin, etc. get scraps - I would rather she go.

• Members

I do see what you're saying Vee. I guess for me, Dr. O is such a campy character that I can't take the lack of consequences as seriously as I did when it was Sonny getting away with $hit for years. Ron has mixed camp and non camp in such a way that nothing on GH feels real to me anymore. It's like Dr. O is just a device for other characters to play against, but there isn't anything reality based in the character. I'm not explaining myself very well, I know. unsure.png

• Members

No, I get it. I just think that line of thinking plays into Ron's very superficial sense of drama and consequences.

He has done good work in the past, but in the last few years RC has for the most part fallen prey to his own worst excesses - he thinks he's the be-all end-all of soap opera in the 21st century, that he's the one in the driver's seat making it hot again, and with him believing his own hype he's lost all sense of character beats, organic story, pacing and moderation. If you're convinced you can do no wrong you let a lot of things get distorted. It's all just fun and you're great at it. That's how the show comes off to me. Nothing is not being serviced, and if it is then who cares; they'll fix it later and anyway, it's not that serious, it's just soapy fun.

It's not that Ron hates or resents soap opera. He may be one of the few HWs in the last ten years who genuinely loves it. It's that he has a very broad sense of humor, a very inflated sense of self and now, a very narrow field of vision when it comes to criticism or knowing when to pull back or change things up. If it interferes with his plans, then too bad. If you complain about the way the story played out or the way it treated certain characters, relax, it's just a soap opera. But if you critique his story and say it's not good or don't award GH for it, then how dare you not take soap opera and our hard work seriously!

• Members

I hate all of you. Ugh, why did you guys have to mention Maxie? She's like Bloody Mary. Say her name enough times and she pops up.

Sam, STFU. Someone shoot her bc she was annoying today.

Nik made a point in calling Liz out on bringing a stranger into her home but he had some nerve

LMAO at Johnny having Sonny beat up

I cant with Daffy Duck getting smart with Helena. She should beat his ass. I love that she scared him and put the fear of god in his eyes

I loved Britt's goodbye with Spencer. I liked their relationship and KT did great in that scene

X0TZun8.png

Poor Obrecht! Should she follow the man she loves or go back to the song she was just reunited with? Oh the dilemna!

• Members

This episode was sort of Twilight Zone romance GH. That scene on the docks was something out of an old 5 hankie weepy where true loves are kept apart and a young boy is getting his heart broken, but everyone on that dock was a villain except for Spencer. Had these been actually nice people it would have been textbook melodrama, but who really can feel Olbrecht's pain? Britt and Spencer were good today and the scene was only missing Spencer crying to be complete, but again, Spencer is not a very nice child. Then at the end was Helena trying to console Dr O and that was out of place too. It was a good scene but twilight zone good. They should have had violins or organ music for the whole proceedings though.

Meanwhile, there is never a cop around when you need one, especially at the police dept. I guess now Jason's memory is back to blank so they can continue with their regularly scheduled story of him falling for Liz.

• Members

I'm sad Kelly Thiebaud is leaving, I came to really enjoy the Britch! It's nice to see Ron and Jason Thompson acknowledge her work on Twitter. I'm shocked Ron is being so civil, he's usually a catty bitch in regards to existing cast members, especially ones who left when they desperately wanted them to stay.

We are going to miss the Britch but we are going to miss @kellythiebaud even more! Best of luck with your next chapter, Kelly! xoxo Ron #GH

kelly thiebaud @kellythiebaud 45m45 minutes ago

@carlivatiron thank you! I am going to miss The Britch AND everyone at #GH it's been incredible! 2764.png

Jason Thompson @MyJasonThompson 27m27 minutes ago

Proud of @kellythiebaud and what she accomplished with her time on GH. You will be missed.

@MyJasonThompson thank you so much Thomps! It was great working with you! Wish you the best.

Here's Kelly's message to the fans:

10843790_726010247490361_451877043_n.jpg]

My question now is do they dare piss off the Jasam fans and put Jason in Britt's spot in the credits tomorrow next to Elizabeth? tongue.png

Archived