Days: November 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm starting to think that the JJ/Eve/Paige storyline is going to end up taking a turn where Eve accuses JJ of rape. Jack's past keeps coming up and with Eve constantly comparing JJ to his father, I can see her lying about what happened to save her relationship with Paige and get rid of JJ all at once.

• Members
I really don't understand why Shawn wasn't recast and brought back when Bo left Hope. Shawn would have been right back in Salem at Hope's side. Belle would be right by her parents side as well. The show often acts as if these two don't even exist most of the year. Sure they'll get a shout out once in a blue moon but that's probably thanks to one of the good script writers we have. I think these two are very necessary.

It was as if they think Martha and Brandon were failures as the characters but they weren't at all, IMO. Jason and Kirsten are recastable. Heck, maybe Jason Cook would even come back at this point. And it's not like Brandon Beemer is up to that much. I don't get it.

And they could have kept Nadia Bjorlin and Chloe as a female lead. And hello, Jay Kenneth Johnson as Philip. And then they could have kept Patrika around as Nancy and brought back Kevin Spirtas as Craig instead of having Daniel be the go-to doctor and then we could have gotten Joy instead of Beige .... siiigh this show. Instead of giving a recast Eve (I love me some Kassie DePaiva though!) and giving her a daughter no one cares about, Nancy has a history with Jen and especially with her brother Mike, which they MENTIONED just last year in Chloe's disaster of a return. I'd rather watch Nancy and Jen flip over Joy and JJ (hello, the new J&J!!) then boring Beige and Eve can more or less be a new character at this point.

But nope, the show would rather cast newbies. And I'm all for some newbies but look at how they lose interest in them.

Tomlin seems to be the problem here. Or Corday considers Belle and Shawn un-recastable at this point.

And why is Rafe even still here? LOL. Seriously. Dump him and move on. I don't hate him at all but they don't know what to do with him. Instead of you know, pairing him with Nicole, she gets stuck with Dr. God

Corday, I'm available if you want to ditch Tomlin!

• Members

It makes sense thought false assault stories are a serious turn-off for me and I'll be skipping every scene if it starts. Pretty much will ruin Eve for good. I know I could never get into character again if they decide to go there. Maybe that's why the hired KDP - 10 years ago on OLTL Blair once laid that on Todd after they did it - he went to jail and Blair had some lame brain tumor and recanted. She can definitely play "false victim."

• Members

Kate was her awesome self today. "who the hell is T?" "That genius know?". laugh.png Sonny was cracking me up too. I like the Sonny/Chad friendship. I hope it survives all of this.

Daniel/Nicole...oh, God. They are cute together, I admit, but I do not want to see her playing his punching bag the way Jen did.

• Members

The 2000's pretty much killed Shawn and Belle. The seemed almost as old as Sami when they left the show. Bad recasts didn't help. As hot as Beemer is, he just isn't a good actor. And I agree Martha seemed older than the age of the character.

Those two should be major characters on the show, but recast a third time? Probably not.

• Members

I liked Beemer as Shawn. I think Madison did a good job as Belle, but something about her did read older/matronly (and I think she's beautiful, but she just seemed more like a contemporary of Sami than a 25-year-old). I think part of the issue is they were ALWAYS Shawnandbelle and not two individual characters. It'd be wise to bring them back separately, probably with one returning first and the other presumed dead, and do a reset. It kind of sucks that they have a kid who's technically older than Ciara, because that does age them a bit.

Archived