Days: November 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Today was another good day. Not a lot of high drama, but some nice character scenes. Abby/Teresa/Anne was fun. I like that Abby is standing up for herself these days and not playing the sweet victim like Jen does.

Not sure if Paul is pretending to be a ladies man to hide that he's gay or if he's bi? Either way, Theresa and Eve both cracked me up today. I think it makes perfect sense for someone like Teresa to try to jump back into having fun. Those big green eyes of JL's serve her well as an actress. Just one look at Brady and you can see all the pain she's still feeling.

I was less sure of what Eve was up to. Is she trying to move in on Brady or was she there to make sure her sister wasn't going to jail? She seemed pretty impressed with Victor's mansion.

• Members

So this Paul guy is supposed to be confidential, yet Abby tells him "my boyfriend couldn't believe it that I didn't recognize Paul Norita." I mean she didn't exactly say she told him he was in the hospital but they way she said it made it seem like she told him she met him. I don't know, just one of those errors that kind of rubbed me the wrong way. I realize it was just a way to make it clear she had a BF, but they are making such a big deal about these confidentiality agreements that it is was kind of glaring.

So for the young adult crowd we have the late-college/early adult Abigail, Ben, Chad, etc. Then we jump up to Daniel, Nicole, Brady, Eric, Jennifer, Rafe? This show is in need of some characters in the 30s (or later 20s) range.

The show was so good during Kristen's first run then the fallout (initially) with Eric. Now they really need some better storylines.

• Members

I like Melanie and MB, so I'm probably biased, but it makes sense to me from a strategic standpoint. Sami's departure has left a HUGE hole in the show -- I'm actually shocked by how much I can feel it. They need familiar faces and popular female leads. Who are the options, really? Belle, Melanie, Chelsea, maybe Stephanie. Belle should be around, for sure. I actually wouldn't have minded Melissa Archer being a recast Steph, but that character never quite ignited. And Rachel Melvin just did Dumb & Dumber To. So Molly Burnett honestly makes a lot of sense from that perspective. She's a recognizable performer and character who has ties to a lot of the people currently on the show.

• Members

There's no way Melanie is a popular female lead. In Tomlin's mind, sure. I'm sorry but there was absolutely nothing special about Melanie. I have nothing against Molly Burnett. And she would have zero ties if the show wasn't centered around Daniel and they didn't force him as her father and Maggie as her grandmother, when she and Maggie had a fine connection, which is the one aspect of Melanie I actually liked (I do like her and Brady as friends actually, so there's that). I think there's potential for the character but she was so obnoxious. MarDar made me like her actually. I also liked her when she initially came on tied to Max and wasn't the grinning heroine the show revolved around.

I get what you're saying, I do. The reason Stephanie never ignited is because Melanie got Philip, Melanie got Nathan .... Stephanie was always the loser and the evil one against Melanie. Melanie was propped. Endlessly.

I'd much prefer Hennig or Melvin to Burnett. I think it says a lot that Hennig and Melvin are working on primetime and movies and Burnett came back to Days.

Burnett was on the show for four years and Melanie was shoved down our throats. Melanie should not have been a priority. You could make an argument for many characters that have ties to current characters. At the end of the day, they really don't have many younger people to go after for returns, so yes, from that standpoint, I see why they brought her back. Although I'm pretty sure Martha Madison would jump at the chance ...

Melissa Archer should have been Sarah. It makes so much sense especially since they're tying Serena to Melanie! I mean, HELLO! Sarah is Melanie's aunt. Sarah is Daniel's sister. Sarah is Maggie's daughter. HELLO TOMLIN! Although I guess they could still say Serena is Sarah, but like Teresa changed her name. And as an adult, it's possible Marlena and Roman wouldn't recognize her as Maggie's daughter and same for Eric. Especially going by Serena.

Archived