Days: November 2014 Discussion Thread

• Members
This!

I feel like the show is becoming a shell of itself. The script writers are saving this show, hands down, but even then there's only so much they can do. It also doesn't help that the show feels like it has about a cast of five people. It feels like it just goes through the motions. I'm so sad at the state the show is in. Almost reminding me of the last years of ATWT.

It just amazes me this is the same show I was practically running home to watch last year :(

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is my first time seeing Melanie. Did this actress play her last go 'round?

I know I miss the show quite a bit, but it seems like Abigail and Ben are in bed every time I watch. I guess the less dialogue they give him the better. His voice and schmacting irk me and those girly eyebrows...

Oh dear, so Sonny and Mr. God's gift to Asian maledom (according to that casting breakdown) have a past?

• Members

Why do we have to see it every time Ben and Abby have sex? How many love scenes are they going to get? They're really not that interesting. Melanie walking in on shirtless Ben - who didn't see that coming?

Jen Lilley keeps saying we should feel bad for Theresa if we have any kind of heart and blablabla, but all I see is Theresa desperately trying to jump on Paul's dick. Why in the world would I feel bad for her?

Love that they mentioned T visiting Gabi.

I like that we're actually seeing Clyde and Marlena's therapy sessions.

OMG at the ending with Paul. Yes! I kind of figured he was gay or bi (I think we all did) but I still wasn't that expecting that to happen, especially already. Finally, something interesting with Sonny.

• Members

I think the only reason we're seeing Marlena is because they're trying to find things for her to do without actually giving her a story. But as long as she's used effectively, and she is, I appreciate it.

I feel like we all could see Paul/Sonny/Will coming a mile away. Him flirting with all the women was the immediate hinky I needed to know he'd be all over some penis. I'm not complaining actually, I just thought it was obvious.

• Members

Whoa. Definitely in for Paul and Sonny.

Unfortunately, I fear that any Paul is bi story would soon end with his permanently going after women & putting his 'gay past' behind him... especially if Paul became popular. They wouldn't be able to resist. I'd love if the show surprised me.

• Members

Going back a bit, having Eve falsely accuse JJ of rape is one of the worse, socially irresponsible choices this show could make. We really do not need to perpetuate the idea of women lying about rape, especially in light of current events. I realize DOOL tapes 47 months in advance, but still.

Meanwhile, this show has an extraordinary opportunity to dispel some myths about bisexuality and I hope they handle this story wisely. There are too many people out there who will say that there's no way Paul could be interested in both men and women, that bisexuality is gateway gay or a way to downplay it. They could use this character to school a lot of people.

• Members

I 100000% agree about Paul. I'd love to give a what for to whoever thinks bisexuality is a "gateway gay" or a way to downplay it. You CAN be attracted to both sexes. I agree that people need to be schooled. Just not sure this is the show for that but I hope they prove me wrong. I do fear the same thing about Paul though. That this is just how to introduce him and then eventually he'll be paired with just a woman.

And I do not want the ugliness of Eve accusing JJ of raping her. That would be ugly, unnecessary and not very responsible of the show.

Archived