Days: November 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought ol' Rob was wonderful on AMC. They knew his limitations but he came off charming and decent, they used his personality. DAYS has been going through dudes like that for years with schlock so it doesn't surprise me if he's off. He's the kind of hunk you can use well, but only very carefully.

• Members

I can only assume she's going to remember what happened. She was lucid enough to talk to the "doctor" that did the transplant, so it's probably going to come back to her. This story is so outlandish that it's hard for me to really put myself in her place. I guess I would be pretty upset if I thought some stole an embryo...from my body. unsure.png I don't mind soaps taking some liberties with reality, but this one is just so far out.

All things considered I thought Brady ended up being pretty nice about the whole thing. I wonder how long it's going to take him to believe Teresa? Kristen's parting words are going to ring some bell in him eventually, I think.

• Members

Tuesday's episode was really good. I thought Jen Lilley was perfect in her delivery, balancing her agenda against her pride being wounded by Brady.

Eric Martsolf really is Drake Jr. in his mannerisms, I can't help wonder it is intentional.

Happy that the Hope/Aiden story is finally gaining traction, about friggin' time. Also nice to see Nicole do something other than seek verbal slapdowns from Eric/Daniel.

I really like MBE as Kayla these days - I wasn't much of a fan when she was with Patch, but I guess it's because I never enjoyed Stephen Nichols and he dragged her down

Days is a better show when there is no Beige. I think I dislike that character more than Daniel now - that's some feat!

• Members

Thoughts for last week are late again.. but better late than never!

1) First things first: Best part of the week was Eve/JJ. I am going to love all of the drama that plays out from this story - the Eve/Jenn feud - JJ keeping the secret. Abby and Jenn eventually finding out - I'm looking forward to it!

2) Second best part of the week - Eileen Davidson throwing things (that trash can - oh my!) and stealing the baby! I know this storyline is crazy and very JER-esque... but I love how soapy is it! Pure soap. And again - it seems like the writers have long story vision - this story as well will continue to play out for a long time! There are so many beats to this story between Brady/Theresa/Kristen (for future returns), even John/Marlena/Anne/the Brady's.. I may not always agree with these writer's decisions, but one thing they do get right is that they do have long story vision - which is crucial for soap survival these days - we've had too many years of 'flip flop every day story is going someplace different' writing that I enjoy the long story.. it makes the show much more enjoyable.

3) First new impressions of Paul.. he's attractive - but I really would like him to be involved in WilSon story.. but if he's going to be straight.. he will be a good player in Teresa/Brady... and dare I say NICOLE!!

4) I like the cross promotion of NBC by having JJ mention Al Roaker and Nicole mention Brian Williams. Days has been out on an island for so long now on NBC that I would love to see cross-promotion (I've said for a long time that Ali Sweeney should have been a guest co-host of the 4th hour of the Today Show - that's like TRIPPLE cross promotion!)

5) Loving that some stories that have been stale for so long are finally starting to see some progression - Hope/Aiden/mystery past is going to be fun to watch play out! And even Clyde/Jordan is a little more interesting with the story moving and findng out at least a little of Jordan's "secret past."

6) Loving the Chad/Ben feud.. I think both are great actors and I love the rivalary between Rich powerful handsome DiMera vs. blue collar working handsome boy Ben. I think this triangle with Abby could play out for a long time!

7) As always, I absolutely love Kate/Victor scenes!

• Members

Loved the Hope/Aiden stuff today. Great to see them get actual material to work with and not bake sales and galas. The only thing is I feel like they could easily change Aiden's story to vilify him some day, but I'm not going to sit around worrying about that.

Maggie whining over Dannifer - STFU and get a life.

A JJ/Paige calendar is the worst gift imaginable. She's so boring and annoying with all of her "omg let's all have a fresh start!!!" nonsense.

• Members

Hey at least I came back on the board and said she was redeemable because she at least has remorse...No like you Daniel haters. Daniel is not a manipulator these dumbazz women LET themselves be..Just like in real life. So sick of these women who were more than willing to sleep with the guy play the freaking victim card.

• Members

Worst thing MarDar did was tie Maggie to Daniel just to tie her to Melanie. Can't she just be fond of her, and share a strong bond? Now she is wasted on Daniel.

I like the actor, always have. I also think he is attractive. But he is written so badly, and shoved down our viewing throats! What strong women his orbit has ruined. Nicole. Maggie. Carly. Jennifer. Chloe. Kate. They all adore him for what reason? Because Tomlin has a clear bias.

Archived