Days: November 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow. The writers really think that Kristen carrying Theresa's child is the answer, when it was so much simpler with Eric or Brady fathering a child that she could have had off-screen? Really? I think one thing Kristen fans have always wanted was to see her wish come true as a mother - it's the driver that makes Kristen vulnerable and an explanation for some of her frustrations. This just make her look horrible and, honestly, why on earth would people root for Kristen when she inevitably comes back? No, this is all Theresa propping. Boo.

• Members

I dont even get the motivation for it unless all Kristen wants to do is raise Brady's child. She cant even pass this off as being theirs. What a stupid way to give her an exit bc it doesnt leave me anticipating her return story. They should have had them have a moment of weakness resulting in a ONS weeks ago and left her realizing she was late in her final scene if they wanted to set her up to return with a kid. Obviously the best scenario would have been to have had her ive birth during her 9 months away from the show the last time but these writers seem so clueless

• Members

Okay I am going to give the devil its due..Eve having remorse over what she did with JJ was brilliant. Way to go writers...Paige I do not like..She is way to controling and she reminds me of Jennifer..Judgmental to the max. Rory was right about her..And I agree about Ben...rooting for Chad on this one. Great show yesterday..I adore Nicole and I am also rooting for Kristen too..Theresa is more evil than Kristen. IMO

• Members

So stupid. I don't get this show anymore at the moment. It's like they realized Kristen's return sucked so they're pulling out a reason for her coming back in the future and think this is how Kristen should be written. Yeah, no. It's making me dread they even brought her back and will bring her back again. Susan's one day return was better than Kristen's entire return this year.

This is classic soap though. This is Theresa's "punishment" for being a bitch. But I don't agree with it. I don't like seeing characters punished just because they've done bad or to teach them a lesson or as a tool to reform them. Zzzz. Wake me up when the show fires Tomlin again. Someone at DAYS is clearly burned out.

As for Ben, meh. What's the point of his so-called "anger"? He's a punk who throws his fists. I'm losing interest and he was starting to win me over. Just like the insta Aiden/Hope/Bree crap.

• Members

Once again. Thank you.

And why she didn't return WITH a child was the dumbest thing ever. It's almost like someone pointed out what a missed opportunity that was so now they're doing it. No wonder Eileen runs from DAYS (where she's far better utilized as an actress).

• Members

It didn't even have to be a missed opportunity. At any time Kristen could have called a nanny who was caring for her child. They could have just played it off that she didn't want to reveal the baby yet for fear that Eric/Brady would get custody. I can't believe anyone on the writing team thought a "fetus transfer" blink.png was the better option.

• Members

Right?

I'm just seeing zero direction with this show. Yet bringing back Melanie and recasting Chad are soooo important to the future of DAYS? I'm not hating nuChad and we need a DiMera, but really?

I also wanted to post this as the October thread and talking about Sami's exit had me wanting to rant ...

Let's see, Bo and Steve were written as deadbeats who abandoned their families (though to be honest, Steve and Kayla's break up was at least addressed on-screen with Kayla saying they grew apart, or along those lines, and frankly, I buy it. Why folks want their couples insta-reunited is dumb. Kayla and Steve reuniting so quickly ... how can new fans invest in them as a couple? Why should they care? We care because we know them but others don't.

Jack and Tony were killed in as final of a way as you can on DAYS. Anna was utilized before and AFTER Carrie's return but not during (though she was at least mentioned). Carrie and Austin were ushered off. Who? Shawn and Belle who? John and Marlena who? Philip who? Chloe who? Hell, Tomlin even took away Philip's kid, gave him to Daniel, and had Chloe go crazy over Daniel. Yeah, no. Best thing about that dreck was Patrika Darbo's return as Nancy. She fit back in like a freakin' glove.

Horrible exits all around.

Yet Sami says goodbye to just about everyone.

Yet instead of any of them we get Ben, Jordan, Clyde, Paige, recast Chad, Melanie back .... something's wrong with this show.

Archived