B&B - August 2014 Discussion

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Yup, and all the triangles he wrote on DAYS in the 90's. If you only do 1 year triangles, it doesn't really mean anything. The triangles that last years and years are the ones worth watching, especially if you're able to keep the same actors in the role. Brad Bell is the only writer right now who's capable of doing long lasting triangles and I applaud him for that. He knows he hit a gold mine in Hope/Liam/Third-party.

• Members

I don't mind triangles per se but I would enjoy it more if the central person doesn't change their mind every two weeks! Ridge/Taylor/Brooke was written much better in that regard, Ridge was married to Taylor for years and Brooke was seeing other men. Scott Clifton has been on the show for 4 years and IIRC only ever dated two women (and married them both fourteen times)

The Steffy/Liam/Hope triangle was somewhat interesting because of JMW but I don't like ANYTHING about the current one.

• Members

All soaps repeat themselves in various ways. Fact of the genre. 52 weeks of new episodes per year, shows that have been on for decades, and there's bound to be repetition. B&B has a formula and it works. It moves quickly, doesn't take itself too seriously, but seeks to entertain and does in my opinion. It's also beautifully produced with a whole different feel to it than the remaining three soaps. (DAYS and GH especially look as if they're produced on shoe-string budgets. Y&R used to be the as impeccably lighted and produced as B&B. No more.) B&B's location shoots take the audience to places most have never been. It's nice to have a soap that does something different.

• Members

Triangles are great if done right but Bell proves to be an awful writer when it comes to these characters. Triangle and romances of this type are fine if there is progression and evolution but most soaps don't hit the reset button and reboot the characters back to the same spot they were in a year ago! That's what Bell just did with this marriage. All progress that was made after Quinn was caught with the two brothers and Hope has been erased and we're back to the same crap. There could have been a more organic way to get Hope with Liam which didn't involve such a contrived situation which did nothing but reduce her to complete stupidity. You don't make a long lasting triangle simply by rebooting the characters. That's lame

• Members

I love me some good, long-lasting triangle (a la Victor-Nikki-Ashley) as much as the next person. But this Lope mess just does not make any sense. I hate that those two have gotten married 14 times already. They should have waited and make it something epic. The problem now is that whenever they talk about 'getting married'/'spending THE REST OF OUR LIVES together'... I just can't take them seriously. How could they be so dumb? They've divorced and gotten married 14 times already! So, I feel they just have jeopardized the 'stakes' for these characters. I am not invested.

Plus, I want to tear my eyes out everytime a character starts singing Hope's praises. And they do that a lot. The last time was Liam saying he lost a PHENOMENAL girl. How is Hope a phenomenal girl? She's vanilla at best. Now they've even thrown this Ivy non-entity into the mix. Who in the world cares about her?

I am sorry but I loathe this group of self-absorbed young people. I agree that the HOTT marriage was kinda nice, with them jumping off the boat and all. But it's not enough for me to be invested in them. Because the setting is stupid. It's a shame because the show's been extraordinarily good until now. At least the gorgeous remote makes up for it.

• Members

I guess I'm in the minority because I don't like never-ending triangles that drag on years and years eg Hope/Liam/Steffy and now Liam/Hope/Wyatt. Hope is not the sharpest tool in the shed and these triangles do her no favors basically that' all her character has been about is a triangle.

IA it was better written but inevitably I got so sick of Brook/Ridge/Taylor I stopped watching for years when I realized Ridge would never be written away permanently from Brook...why bother me with a triangle. it lost its drama for me; I already knew what the outcome would be .

I think Quinn will wind up back at Forester, so quickly this story went back to square one, that is the issue I have with the writing.... she did all this stuff, went to the nut house a hot minute... came out and didn't miss a beat just picked up where she left off...

she's just as smug, arrogant, and misguided.

• Members

Those scenes of Hope modeling in Paris felt endless. I really liked KM at first. I guess I still do, but she is just on way too much and she's too much of a golden girl. It's hard to root for someone who is constantly praised by (nearly) every character on the show. Even Brooke had real rivals who got in her way and made life hard for her.

• Members

I loathe Hope I think she's dumb as a doornail and as shallow as a mud puddle... I get sick of the show revolving around her and I don't give a hoot who she winds up with. Just end my misery Liam / Wyatt don't care. The best part of this story for me is when she realizes she was played again ..then she'll have another one of her dumb expressions and try to act like she' got some sense for an eppy.

• Members

They always do that. One benefit of having several former Y&R cast members around

I hate how everyone with the exception of maybe Aly is just standing there supporting of this stupid marriage considering the circumstances behind it. Hope was just engaged to Liam last week and people aren't looking at her with the side eye? Im especially disappointed in Brooke bc she knows Liam was in Paris and should have given Hope the facts and questioned her poor decision. I don't get Bill's reaction as well

Why would Brooke ask Aly if she's met Quinn? They worked together for months!

And speaking of which, why would Deacon act like he just met Quinn for the first time when its known that they know each other. That's how he was able to tip Wyatt off to save Liam before

nB2Ne2w.jpg

Ivy's ass as no sense of fashion. Her wardrobe is just awful

Why was Bill so insistent on having Liam at that lame ass party? How did that benefit anyone that was there? I hope Liam tells Hope he was in Paris but of course that wont happen bc they need to stretch this out as long as possible. Alhough it makes no sense why Aly wouldn't considering how much she hates Wyatt for Hope

Archived