DAYS: August 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Catching up on Days just now, and I just can't with Abby. If EJ wanted her back she would have dropped everything to be with him again, that's something that the show has showed us multiple times. That little conversation they had in the park on July 30th was ridiculous. EJ's "It Get's Better Speech" was beyond asinine, I don't know what the writers are trying to do with that. If they are trying to show that Abby is moving on they are doing a poor job of it, having her crying and clinging to the hope that EJ will come back to her shows the opposite. Same with them having these EJ/Abby scenes at all. They shouldn't interact anymore.

Outside of the EJ thing, I think the Sami vs. Abby rivalry was starting to show it's potential. If AS was staying they could have become the next Kate/Sami with all the back and forth.

I think it's eating Sami up inside that everyone is on Abby's side and everyone is ashamed and deplored by Sami's behavior. It must kill her that Kayla, Adrianne, Marlena, Will and all of her loved ones are siding with Abby while they are ashamed of her, even when Sami (for once) did nothing wrong in the situation and is the injured party. I think that talk with JJ really got to her in that regard. Her son is ashamed of her, her mother is ashamed of her, her entire extended family is ashamed of her. The Horton's love Abby and there is nothing she could ever do to make that change. The same can't be said for Sami. Somethings never change. Sami is still public enemy number one in Salem. I also thought this bridged well with her trying to go back to Rafe. Abby really got to Sami and her insecurities. Her looking back on her relationships with EJ and Rafe and telling herself that "she knows she made them happy", and how they can "never be fulfilled" by relationships with younger women, respectively Abigail and Jordan was telling. This kind of bridges to my next point.

Sami is delusional, she is so narcissistic to think that Rafe wants her again. It's that same delusion that caused her to believe that Austin was in love with her. Laughs. She's barking up the wrong tree with Rafe -- Rafe never wanted endless passion and a world of excitement, he never felt that Sami was the other half of him or that they were the love of each others lives. He fell in love with a shell of Sami that never existed, and she still doesn't understand that she can never be what he needs her to be. The one that is the person she is looking for, the relationship that she is hungry for is that one that she had with EJ. Regardless it was fun watching Sami fall on her face when she realized Rafe was there because he was pissed that she hurt Jordan. Sami's always good for the lulz, so pathetic and ridiculous. She never gets enough of being humiliated. He really broke her down though. Sami is a selfish person who wants deep in her heart to make everyone miserable because that's the way she is inside. She'll never be happy and as a result she makes everyone around her miserable. She doesn't really want Rafe to be happy, she just wants Rafe for herself, in her pocket.

Sort of off-topic: Why would DiMera board members be thrilled with losing a company at half the price it is worth? The whole thing sounds odd. How can it be draining the company funds and then be sold for half the price it is worth? Sami and Kate aren't thinking in the long term it seems. EJ and Stefano have all of these things in place for a reason, and it's obvious Kate and Sami have no sense of forethought in regards to business. Sami is going to get stomped (as she always does when she goes up against EJ), if EJ comes at her full force. That being said I am starting to think EJ is goingto die in the end thanks to his deal with Victor's men. Either that or Sami is going to be hurt in the end.

Archived