DAYS: August 2014 Discussion Thread

• Members

Here's my thoughts on the previous week..

I literally have nothing good to say.. Storylines that should be moving are not ( Aiden/Hope, JJ/Eve/something, Nicole/Eric - who cares?, Sami/Abby -nothing is happening)

And WORST of all - the way our beautiful Emmy winning Eileen is being wasted! No joke- if you had asked me a month ago "We're bringing Eileen back to the show for a limited run.. what's the absolute WORST way we can bring her back?" .... I would have said "Put her in a supply closet with Shawn Christian for two weeks."... SMH. It's really unbelievable. I mean, I get it! The budget sucks. The supply closest scenes are CHEAP... but I would have gladly taken Eileen in a supply closet with Deidre (my GOd - how good would that have been), Brady, Theresa, Eve, Jennifer, EJ, Sami.... shall I go through the entire cast! I mean - even if it were Eileen in a supply closet with Casey Moss and Beige - that would be better than this sh*t.. She's only on our screens for what 3 months or so.. and they use the ENTIRE FIRST TWO WEEKS of her return like this! It's insulting! I don't blame Eileen for signing with Y&R after this!

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Eileen and Deidre in a supply closet, with special appearances by Lauren Koslow and Joe Mascolo, would be gold and that's what's so frustrating, they had every option to show off Eileen and Kristen, her time is precious...and they waste her with Shawn Christian.

• Members

Monday's episode had a lot of really good moments, but everything is swamped out by nauseating Daniel stinking up the joint - it sucks out the enjoyment of everything because it's so infuariating that he is the pivot of this show. From his condescension with Kristen to Brady and Maggie prostrating about him, it's too much. Personally, I don't believe Tomsell like him - this edict to deify Daniel comes from NBC or KC, so a new set of writers won't change any of this. At least Tomsell throw in passive aggressive resistance every now and then.

Why do Marlena and John sex flashbacks seem more vomit inducing now than when they were initially aired back in the day? I wanted to upchuck when John put that strawberry in her mouth

JJ/Adrienne scenes could of been good if they were more than 20 seconds long, but they were interesting.

I know she is polarizing on this board, but Jen Lilley is great as Theresa. Likewise KdP as Eve is entertaining.

Daniel Cosgrove is growing on me. I was told to expect bland, but he is kind of endearing here.

• Members

While they have a good relationship, its too bad the show never did a Hope/man/Jen triangle. It would be a different and interesting dynamic. I guess this Aidan thing could be fun but we all know its going to amount to nothing with Jen

Ugh! Of course the conversation with Maggie and Brady would lead back to Daniel

Eve is such a bitch...lol. Her scenes with Theresa are truly her best.

I would have it if John's predicament is about putting him back with Marlena. Poor her

Where is aunt Joan? We see Eve and Polly in her apartment all the time yet she is MIA

"Salem U? They even sound stupid" LOL....that was a funny line

• Members

Hallefuckinglujah! Kristen can interact with non-orange things again. Too much orange stimulation in that orange truck with that orange fool for too long...

Everybody at the police station at the same time is contrived silliness that others will call "soapy goodness".

Eww at Nicole still wearing the same clothes she wore in Rome - she must stink.

Will/Sonny zzzzz. Since their life no longer has Gabi to provide conflict, they have Sami now. What happens when she goes?... flatline....

This show can flip from rubbish to excellent and back again on a dime - Too many chefs in the kitchen I suspect...

• Members

Oh god, I hate how arrogant Daniel is. Did we really need to see this? Couldn't they just have him kidnap her , skip the truck scenes and skip to them at the SPD? This stuff is painful as I am tempted to FF

2ev9hcg.gif

LOL....I am grateful for this

Jen got to tell Hope about Abby's hoing around? Sami is slacking as she has been the one to tell everyone in her family

Why is Nicole wearing the same damn outfit she wore at her deposition in Rome last week? Highly unrealistic. I love how the garden in Rome is exactly the same as the park in Salem, that she is now in, complete with the same clothes of course. Budget cuts....

Will is a piece of sh-t for throwing his family under the bus. I really hope he didn't leak Abby's affair to the press bc if so, that was pretty low and dirty of him to do to her. Not to mention his little siblings. As erratic as Sami has been, she's tried her best to shield the truth from them by keeping it private but if it gets out, then they will likely hear at school

Archived