Tyler Perry's 'If Loving You Is Wrong'

London

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

This one I am not feeling yet, none of the characters really drawing me in, except for Natalie, who is interesting because she's the most real. I only watched the first episode and part of the second, so I'll discuss what I saw.

First off, the neighborhood looks like Wisteria Lane and not even in a subtle way. At least that's what I thought when I saw the opening scene.

The girl getting cheated on is clueless, how does walking into a shed and finding your husband in there with your friend not spark any suspicion? I think the writing there was sloppy, the situation was far too obvious to have the character be so clueless.

Angry, yelling dude is too much. He was at Defcon 10 non-stop, which would be overboard period, but it was really too much for a premiere episode.

Overall, it didn't hold my interest and the first episode felt like it went on forever. This is a clunker so far.

• Members

LMAO! Ya'll know he has to wear all the hats on his shows. Aidan comes from a soap background where this is what he did for years so if someone outshined him on this series, I'd be surprised. Well Otis isn't too bad but I loved him on The Temptations but we haven't seen him enough on the show... everyone else is horrible and that includes my girl Zulay. I'm so mad she don't have no damn new locks when this mofo comes willy nilly in that house. That storyline better be handled quick, fast and in a hurry because its very disturbing.

LMAO! I will say their houses look like the renovated projects that I used to live in. All I kept thinking was the colors are ugly as hell, and I love how people say it isn't like DH because they're weren't screaming at the TV then like they do now... what type of sense does that make?

Edited by London

• Members

I just saw this and the acting is so bad from all parties. The actor who plays Edward is seriously over the top. This isn't the first time that tv shows have had jealous, bitter ex-husbands, but he's too far over simple bitterness and jealousy. He has a military background so two scenarios seem possible to me: 1.) He's suffering from PTSD. 2.) He's an angry closeted homo who got kicked out of the military back when DADT was in effect.

Edited by Vanguardian