Y&R: David Tom Fired! Replacement Announced...

• Members

I'm not particularly surprised. It was obvious they didn't know how to use him. They wanted Billy Miller's Billy in the role and David Tom is not that. Plus you had the usual luminaries online crowing about how terrible DT was and how Billy Miller was desperately needed back (along with Michael Muhney, of course, for whom "nothing was proven").

I think he was decent in the role but he was obviously still skewing very young, and in the kind of stories they wanted him in with Amelia Heinle, etc. that was not going to work. That's what made him suffer in the part; he came off petulant. I wouldn't have replaced him, I would've re-tailored Billy's stories to his Billy. But they don't know how to do that unless it's one of Jill's favorites.

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Couldnt have said it better...hell all your posts about this is spot on. If she didnt want to work with him then her ass should have been fired....I am done with this show!! Bradley Bell should hire David and put him on B&B.

• Members

I could not stand him on OLTL and I was one of the (if not THE) most outspoken critics of this casting choice. But I've actually begun enjoying him as long as he's kept far from Victoria. And I feel the same way about every other character on the show. Just keep them away from Victoria. She sucks.

• Members

I thought he was doing an okay job but according to another article I read on this subject he was not well received by fans. I'm not a huge fan of recasts so I was glad they were able to at least get someone who played him before but this new person who is 40 years old?????

• Members

And how do you know this? I would sure like to know because I haven't heard AH say anything negative about working with DT nor have I heard any backstage drama between them. Not saying that you're wrong but I'm just curious as to how you came to that conclusion.

• Members

She was probably tweeting that because she knew they were looking for a replacement. I'm sure she had to screen test with this new guy which means she knew they were looking to replace Billy.

Archived