Y&R: David Tom Fired! Replacement Announced...

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

IMO, HT's Victoria captured beautifully the essence of being Victor Newman's daughter -- both the fabulous privileges that came with that title...as well as the enormous responsibilities and burdens. She could be as intelligent and professional as her dad...and she could be as cunning and commanding as him as well. IOW, her Victoria was one you could buy as heir(ess) to Victor's throne, especially as long as Joshua "Dude, Where's My Keg?" Morrow was around and portraying Nick as the Doucheboat of Alpha Tau.

But now...? Now, in addition to Big Brother Nick, you have AH's Victoria, better known as the Girl Most Likely to Become a Frat Mattress and The One Whose Hair You Have to Hold Back While She Ralphs in the Toilet.

I completely agree.

• Members

Which is why I still endorse the idea of Victoria becoming a full-blown alcoholic and dying from alcohol poisoning. I realize AH cannot "play drunk" to save her neck. (Heck, AH can't play anything to save her neck.) But it seems like no one outside of HT -- who, by the way, is never coming back to Y&R...probably -- can portray that role. (Remember Sarah Aldrich as Victoria? Exactly.) And depending on how fast you burn through the story, no one watching would have to suffer too long before AH's Victoria lapsed into that irreversible coma.

• Members

I think they could find someone to play Victoria as you wish her to be, but I think they've never tried to do that because somewhere a long the way they decided that isn't the Victoria they want. I'm willing to agree that's a huge mistake, but now more than ever, it's clear that Heather Tom's Y&R no longer exists. All these recasts at once? I just can't even imagine what they were thinking. A couple of months from now this show will be unrecognizable.

• Members

I endorse this! I think irreversible coma signals hope she'll come back. I think kill off Victoria, with JFP's track record there are lots of way she could die

I agree HT's Victoria had the balls of playing an heiress worthy of taking the mantle from Victor, AH on the other hand, no way. She wasn't THIS bad on All My Children

that would make TWO soaps totally unrecognizable, though the other soap brought back some old players except they aren't writing for them. There are some capable actress who could be ALMOST bein caliber with Heather Tom's Victoria

• Members

Frankly, cassadine, anything signals hope these days to many soap fans. You could have Victoria literally decapitated on-screen, with her body dismembered and buried in pieces in several continents, and her head fed to Traci Abbott Nina Webster a lion, and people still would insist that one foot they buried in Antarctica must have re-generated an entire, whole, new body.

• Members

Sad, but it was clear that DT couldn't play the fratty Neanderthal the role had become during BM's run. I was uncomfortable watching him.

It also reminds me of what happened to Scott DeFreitas on ATWT. Daytime has a tough time with male actors who can play the sensitivity of a damaged character without all of the knuckle-dragging. It's depressing.

• Members

Nowadays, only characters who were portrayed by actors who died IRL get "real deaths." Like DAYS's Alice Horton and GH's Edward Quartermaine. For everyone else...? Well, they say everyone has a double. ;)

• Members

Yes, I was making a little True Blood reference. tongue.png I remember, alright. I think the worst affront was undoing Philip's death. That truly served no purpose at all and screwed with a piece of Y&R history that was fine just the way it was written the first time.

Archived