Y&R: David Tom Fired! Replacement Announced...

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love the "taking the character in a new direction" line. That's another way of saying we are going to ignore history and re-write this character. The only thing they will have in common is the same name.

• Members

I'm not sure. The article just said that he was unpopular in the role and he appeared to receive a lot of backlash via social media. Granted I did enjoy BM more but I liked DT's portrayal as well.

http://www.celebdirtylaundry.com/2014/the-young-and-the-restless-spoilers-yr-david-tom-fired-burgess-jenkins-hired-billy-abbott/

I haven't seen her tweet about him coming back to Y&R lately. I did however see this tweet: Amelia Heinle @AmeliasGlimmer Mar 31

David is sweet and a lot of fun to work with! I think He's doing a great Job!! Tough to walk into the middle of such a role.

• Members

Half dead AH said in an interview that BM will always be Billy to her. She was pretty much saying she won't be accepting any replacement.

I don't even blame this mediocre person, AH. It's TIIC that allow her and others to get away with this kind of sh!t. Scott Bryce and Allison Rice's terminations were ludicrous as they could take their characters in any direction (Rice was fired so someone's hick friend could have a job), but DT getting the boot only bothers me because hell and high water is being moved to find a fit for AH. However, some young actors don't transition well into adult roles (Kirsten Alderson, and IMHO, Kimberly McDullough). I could see them wanting more from the character, but DT not being able to deliver because he looks very young and he's not that great of an actor. But again, all of this to fit someone to AH's Victoria? Absolutely ridiculous!

• Members

I didn't have any problems DT and I guess it's because I remember when he played Billy.

If it's true that AH did have a hand in DT being fired, it would be ironic because it was rumored that his sister had a part in Greg Vaughan being fired as Diego.

• Members

Your guess, as they say, is as good as mine. Even if Bacteria has a significant fan-base, I suspect the majority love and want only Billy Miller as Billy. So, yeah, why not move past Billy and Victoria and hope their fans will enjoy the characters in new and different relationships? Unless, of course, there's a deep-seated fear those fans will not stick around (which they might not so long as BM is off the show), paired with a hope that their golden boy will one day bless us all with his return....

• Members

Uh-oh. I forgot about his...problem. That is a good question, though. Here we are, thinking it's all about him sucking in the role or AH sucking in hers...when really, it could be about...you know.

(Not being facetious, by the way. I think yours is a very legit concern.)

• Members

I've heard that rumor as well. I'm not saying HT wouldn't be the type to get someone fired, but I have a hard time believing it would take even a minimal amount of skulduggery to get a non-actor such as Greg Vaughan removed from his job.

• Members

That wasn't directed to you. It's just that I've been hearing people wishing that AH would be fired so that Queen Heather could return all day long. Yet, I feel like that is less likely to happen then it has ever been at this point. I have no dog in that particular hunt, since I like both versions of Victoria.

Archived