Y&R: David Tom Fired! Replacement Announced...

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This show is too entranced with prefab couples that have never been worth the courting of the limited fanbases they have. I do think some of this didn't involve Bacteria. David Tom wasn't the generic soap hunk type, and he also couldn't bring them any primetime cachet, or semi-catchet. This guy having a few appearances on Nashville and a role on a season of Army Wives means that in a genre so ashamed of itself, he's a big get.

• Members

The problem is, that Billy Abbot isn't meant for Victoria Newman.

I know AH was calling for Billy Miller back, But what was so special about BillyMiller Billy & AH Victoria nothing. they were a bore. & I blame AH as Victoria because she made Billy a bore.

• Members

Although DT seemed to have really good chemistry with MCE and EH, I'm willing to concede that he did not have it with AH. Judging by this newest casting, they are clearly going for a noticeably older looking Billy which tells me that they plan to ride the Billy/Victoria bandwagon until the wheels fall off. Y&R clearly wants that couple as Endgame- a term I've come to despise since it has taken all the spontaneity out of letting the writers and the viewers see the magic of seeing chemistry organically unfold, as opposed to it being forced and predetermined the way it currently is.

DT did have certain deficiencies that precluded him from truly having leading Man status (his voice and his boyish looks) but so do the other Men on Y&R: most of the men on this show are either past their 'Sell By' date as Leading Men (Jack, Victor, Paul, Neil) or couldn't sell Leading Man quality if their lives depended on it (Michael Baldwin, Kevin Fischer) so I'm inclined to believe that DT was probably small potatoes compared to the other travails of this show.

If we truly are investigating actors' deficiences, Y&R should honestly take a look at Amelia Heinle, who has only ever had any chemistry on this show with Billy Miller. She never had any chemistry with Don Diamont, nor Thad Luckinbill, despite Luckinbill beingn her offscreen partner. And her pairing with Stitch has already begun to drain the man of any charm, charisma or goodwill he initially had. Y&R is clearly trying to go for a rough and rugged quality to Victoria's pairings (clearly) but

we'll see...

• Members

This is ridiculous that people are making up rumors Amelia wanted him fired. I thought David Tom was terrible this go around. He has zero sex appeal or charisma. I am sure JFP was begging billy miller. In this instance as bad as firings can be I understand the need for the change. He didn't spark with anyone on the show.

• Members

eh, DT was pretty awful in the role. He played it too single-mindedly, I always felt. There weren't enough layers. It was like he was already over his daughter's death, and completely consumed with Victoria. It was boring.

LOL @ him being recast with a Stitch Jr. looking guy, tho. ROTFL

i actually expect Cady and Gina to receive the same treatment. I mean I like Cady as Kelly... but there's no edge or spark to the character. And Gina as Phyllis is gonna be messy as all heck. lolz

• Members

TO be clear, Amelia Heinle was open about not wanting to work with him. In nearly every interview she blew him off and said repeatedly and tweeted that she wanted Billy Miller back. The fact that there was a blind item saying an EP was trying to get a previous portray-er back tells me her dissatisfaction had SOMETHING to do with it. All this talk of him being boyish or not manly enough is BS. The talk of him looking too young next to Amelia is also silly considering Billy is supposed to be like 10 years younger than her old tired ass.

• Members

Amelia was definitely clear about it in interviews. I thought it was very poor and unprofessional behavior on her part. I just don't think she would be able to get him fired. I think the show took a chance on bringing him back and then when it wasn't working out the way they'd expected, they went for one of their usual tools (looking for primetime actors who go to soaps when they have little choice) instead of trying to work it out.

• Members

Why wouldn't anyone expect more from this "woman"? She clearly has something on someone, because there is no way such a pivotal role should be in such pitiful hands. Heck, the new Abby can dance circles around AH - it's humorous to watch.

• Members

Unfortunatley DT doesnt look like the soap hunk looks now a days which is sad commentary

Soaps want guys with Abs first and acting skill second. I hold nothing aganist Burgess since he just took a job but YR did David dirty and I hope Karma bites them good.

Archived