Y&R: David Tom Fired! Replacement Announced...

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Call it whatever you want, but if those in charge do no tolerate out of shape women then I will not tolerate men with beer guts! Sorry not sorry. I am not saying that DT needed to look like a male model. I am saying that his arms shouldn't look like a 55 year old woman's nor should his stomach stick out further than his chest.

• Members

Heather again is happy at B and B. Amelia isn't going anywhere she is in year 10 at y and r with an Emmy nod. She's fantastic. Amelia I have heard is the sweetest girl heck even Victoria Rowell called her an angel. It was JFP who probably did this. I think it was a CBS decision to rehire David Tom but hes not the type Jill usually goes for. Smart she recast with a primetime vet remember MM was a primetime vet. Jill adored billy and I am sure BM was asked to come back but declined. Also I think Gina will be excellent as Phyllis unfortunately I think cady is a bit miscast as Kelly. I don't see cady as JFP choice either as Cynthia was Jills choice.

• Members

She floundered for years as a B-level character until people who were desperate for Filler Miller to have a popular pairing started pushing Billy/Victoria. I have a feeling this is more about the show not wanting to give up on that pairing than anything she personally could have accomplished. I guess she could have done it, but if she had that much sway I wonder if he would have been cast in the first place.

• Members

EXACTLY! Not only that, but they man the man who established Billy as an adult AND WON AN EMMY FOR THE ROLE fricking audition opposite Amelia Heinle, a Y&R nobody. That is insulting beyond measure and yet still they fire him?!

• Members

As The World Turns did a similar turn with Scott Bryce who originated the role of Craig Montgomery-- he was basically told he wasn't right for the role he originated, got Emmy noms for and originated a popular character/couple with.

By the way, do these recent casting changes strike any ATWT fans of being strangely reminiscent?

• Members

IMO, DT can not play romantic lead which is what they want here. They should have adjusted the character to suit him as I find him more believable as more of a darker character. Not too villainous but definetly more grey.

people outgrow characters and just bc you are the original actor, doesn't mean you will always be right fit it, especially after one has been gone for over a decade and the role has been recast multiple times.

• Members

David Tom was a great teen billy but that was in 2002 he left but he didn't translate here. Amelia is still here because her bosses love her and she got an Emmy nod. I would love to see her win the Emmy for everyone to eat crow.

Archived