Y&R: David Tom Fired! Replacement Announced...

• Members

I'm plageurizing someone's post from somewhere when I say that's like saying I prefer drinking piss to eating [!@#$%^&*]. I just never cared for the character. And HT moving to OLTL to take on my most loathed soap character ever (Kelly the SonFucker Cramer) doesn't raise her stock in my eyes. I actually enjoy Katie on B&B.

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They should have given the character a six month rest so that people were more ready for a recast. They should definitely do that now, but again they are rushing in.

Well, not anymore, since the character of Billy is clearly being aged. Not that I agree with the notion that an older woman/younger man shouldn't have a long lasting romance. The double standard soaps hold on that front is antiquated and insulting.

• Members

What I meant is that billy and Victoria belong in different circles . Billy was aged to accommodate BM. DT returned married to that AH character who is nothing like the Victoria Newman I watched grow from 1982-2002. AH ruined the character and the writers destroyed her between baby rabies, art history, the "reliquary". Wasn't she engaged to Neil at one point. Billy fits better with the Chloe/Chelsea/Kevin age group, DT has great chem w/ Jack, Jill as his family. It's sad to see him go without getting a chance to take back his role. But, at least AH can continue to bore us all to tears, while she continues to prop Billy Miller's smirky *ss.

• Members

I'm surprised he is fired because he is the otiginator of the role in adult form, and Y&R promoted him as such. He was not great with his high Valley voice but there are plenty of actors as mediocre as he who are praised to high heaven on this show. The sad part is, 10, maybe even 5 years ago, I would have cared about this. Today? Giant shrug. It's not like Y&R Iis setting amy kind of standard anymore, so this firing confuses me more than anything.

• Members

Billy was a playboy BEFORE BM started playing him. He became a gambling playboy when Seymour played him for that very short period and it was revealed he had a gambling problem and he was trying to go after Jana who ultimately chose Kevin.

• Members

I don't know if I agree about him looking better but then again I don't believe that's an accurate barometer to gauge whether a person is on or off of drugs.

Look at Philip Seymour Hoffman. He wasn't stick thin, wasn't a Lindsay Lohan-type outcast and exemplified none of the traits of an addict.

We may never know the real reason for his dismissal. I do think it's extremely callow to think either Amelia Heinle or Billy Miller had ANYTHING to do with it, though. There's a lot more to this story.

Archived