Y&R: David Tom Fired! Replacement Announced...

• Members

well thats just stupid ass casting and I agree I dont know why when YR recast Diane and Phyllis they went younger, Same with GH's Kate/Connie. There are many capable actresses over 40-50 that could do those roles justice

Also recently on GH when they cast Levi, Maxie's guru in the breakdown it just talked his personalooty not his physicality but the actor they chose is all buffed out

Its all they cast now, perfect bodies and it doesnt repersent what is really out there smh

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Some of the leading men under 45 past and present have been paired with a woman at least 10-15 years his junior too.

I remember that Adrianne Leon (the second adult Colleen) was let go because of her weight gain. It would've been a good opportunity for Colleen and Traci to have a daughter-mother storyline about weight issues but they chose to recast Colleen.

• Members

I thought Adrienne Leon was perfectly cast as Brad and Tracy's daughter too! I remember a conversation between Lily and Colleen where Colleen mentioned something regarding her metabolism--something akin to her being one of those people who only need have a bite of dessert (or something like that) and it goes straight to her hips/thighs. Does anyone remember that conversation? Y&R sort of hinted at it but never pursued it. I thought they might have been the beginning of an eating disorder storyline but Adrienne Leon was gone no sooner than that.

For years, I always accepted the fact that the Bell Soaps have always had a slight fixation on 'look-ism' but now more than ever it seems that they are determined to cast a certain 'look' , which is their choice but it doesn't allow for the diversity of types.

• Members

I think B&B still casts using the Bell standard and what fits the show, not the usual soap wars that get people hired. I also think they have variety in terms of their cast members. You have average looking guys (Wyatt, Liam, Ridge), muscle bound hunks (Rick, Bill, Carter) and with the women I think their casting for Dayzee and Maya was more diverse than you'd get on Y&R. No way they'd be touched with a 10 foot pole with their natural hair. One thing that will always keep me tuned into B&B is the fact that it's identity is intact. Their updates in production style always compliment the heart of the show and help take the show to the next level. With Y&R the production and cast changes simply feel ego driven. The show has no soul, no identity, nothing that you can point to and say Y&R is unique from the other soaps. It's basically a rehash of the way Jean Passanante wrote ATWT, which is passable throwaway soap, but ultimately forgettable.

• Members

Yes, there are average looking guys...but are there any average looking girls? Again, proving my point of the double standard. Dayzee had bone structure to die for and was very beautiful. Just in case you didn't know, the actress was asked to straighten her hair by TPTB. Maya falls into European standards of beauty. The only semi-average looking girl on the show is Ally. And they have played her up as the ugly duckling IMO.

• Members

I will never get tired of seeing well built men on my TV. NEVER! And I don't want to see anything otherwise! Don't get me wrong, I don't mind people who look like SC on B&B either but I don't want to see a slew of uber beautiful women fighting over him. Because really, why should an average looking dude have a harem of beautiful women to choose from? That's less realistic than everyone looking like a model. Lol

• Members

You know something?

I'm goddamned sick of every single man on soaps being:

A. Someone I could never land;

Or

B. Someone I would never WANT to land

And the same goes for the women I can't relate to on these shows.

David Tom's Billy was always not only someone I had an outside chance (okay... MAYBE) of landing, but he was always someone (unlike BM's jackass of a Billy) I would have LIKED a chance of landing.

WTF?

Archived