Y&R: David Tom Fired! Replacement Announced...

• Members

DT's appearance is not the problem, the problem is mediocre talent Billy Miller. There is no reason DT should have been let go. I cheered when BM and MM left because they were eating the show alive. Their scene chewing was absolutely obnoxious.

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I did too. I started watching regularly again and dvr the show when I couldnt watch live. Now its back to the garbage. I sure wish Laura Lee Bell and her mother would get their asses in gear and get their brother/son to get a former Y&R writer to write it and bring back the classic legacy their dad/husband left...what a shame at how this show has been stepped and spit on by bad acting, terrible writing and awful producing.

• Members

I thought soaps were about fantasy. At least they are for me. I don't think that their looks keep me from landing them. Heck, I have dated many men with great bodies and looks. That's not the issue. The real problem is these people are filthy rich. I don't care if they looked like a cross breed between humpty dumpty and the Hunch Back of Notre Dame, IRL they wouldn't be looking at me either way because I am not in their social stratum.

But I think these are a fair enough statements. At least you are not complaining about how the men shouldn't be so good looking while overlooking the fact that you can't relate to the women either because they are all so thin and beautiful....AND rich.

• Members

DT was on just as much as BM. TPTB did not cut back on airtime for the character when DT was hired. My point is that Billy, and that insipid pairing with Victoria, continues to eat the show alive by being showcased 4 to 5 days out of every week.

• Members
Thanks for giving me that credit and I mean that. I do.

I came to terms long ago with the borderline anorexic girls bringing the fans.

But, honestly, it was never about BM's body for me. He simply was NEVER INTERESTING enough for me and DT was and continues to be.

I can take watching a show for an hour, thinking "what if" (just that nuggle at the back of my mind) and paying attention to the stories (the main draw), but EVERY SINGLE on-screen person being a stick figure?

Y&R isn't even the biggest offender here.

• Members

I think Y&R has lots of problems. I really do. I think I spoke earlier about all these men with women at least 15 years their junior. That really burns me up more than anything else on this show. There is a reason that this show is doing as well with men as it ever has. It's all about them, for them, and their fantasies it seems to me. This show does not have female leads anymore. Every story is told from a man's POV. MAB started that and JFP continued the trend.

At this point, I don't care how plays Billy. He doesn't interest me with Victoria because I am not interested in Victoria.

• Members

That was super sweet of MTS. She's still close with Heather Tom isn't she?

I honestly wouldn't be shocked if Bradley brought on another Logan male on B&B similar to when Y&R stupidly killed off Brad and he brought Don over.

• Members

I think she still is close with Heather.

I was thinking the same thing too--that I wouldn't be surprised if Brad Bell brought David Tom over. I'd be all for it, but if it does happen, please don't make him a Logan. I'd rather he be a recast of Margo/Clark's son, Mark, OR CJ Spectra recast.

I'm hoping DT lands on his feet because I like him as an actor and he's SEXY to me.

Archived