Y&R: David Tom Fired! Replacement Announced...

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't see BJ has a long term solution anyway. He will either be let go or will leave when the first or right prime time opportunity happens.

Take this a GOS but I heard DT only had a 6 month contract. I think there's more to this than why they are saying.

• Members

BM didn't have any chemistry with AH. I'll say it again, AH is at fault. At least BM came alive when bricking with EH. & if BM come back, I hope he demand to be put with somebody anybody else. Even if he got to go semi gay, but don't put Billy back with Victoria.

• Members

I don't want to be nasty and call specific names, but there certainly were exceptions to that rule. But i will concede that it was storyline dictated or the realm of supporting players.

• Members

Once again DT wasnt fat. He wasnt J Crew Model either. 99% of the world isnt and DT had more a body that the majority has and shouldnt lose his job because of it. Cause he could do the most important thing for an actor and that is ACT!!!

Back then casting found someone who fit both. But we are talking NOW. Now all they care about is that the guys have Abs and the girls have big boobs. Talent in acting be damned

• Members

Even if David Tom was working on his body (which is unneeded IMO), he wasn't on long enough to get any results anyway. He had no chance no matter what he did. And Bill Bell did not cast for looks IMO. For any soap you can for looks to some extent, but his thing was more the charisma an actor has and he generally went for an old hollywood type. The type of emotional and psychological stories he told could usually bring the best out of anybody he cast. He wasn't shallow though. Look at Beth Maitland who despite her weight was treated like a true leading lady and was able to have the sexy guys just like anybody else, same for Tricia Cast. Fast forward to now and Traci and Nina are treated like mothers only and not even given the thought of a true romance like their contemporaries.

• Members

I feel like it's obvious BJ is just there as a placeholder until Miller someday returns, that way they won't get any backlash should they say replace Tom with Miller. Miller probably said no, but I bet he'll be back. Not that I want him back.

• Members

I never said that DT was fat. I only implied that he is not every woman's (man's) fantasy. And isn't that what this is about.

The majority of women in the world are not a size 6 or under either. When the writers want to pair a man with an Abbot woman and they choose Tracy over Ashley then I won't have a problem with DT as some leading man. Until then, he needs to do some crunches!

• Members

I agree that DT wasn't on long enough. I just think JFP used fan backlash to get rid of him because he wasn't her choice. If he had been, she would have rode it out. End of story.

And I agree about Tracy and Nina. However, Tracy's weight always played a part in her story in Bell's days. It was never a non-issue. I don't remember Nina's weight being a factor but I might not be remembering things as they were.

• Members

That thinking right there is why eating disorders are so rampant

Sorry but the fact that the first ting we want from actors is to look good without clothes on instead of being to act is the problem

• Members

Personally The looks of the actor/actress should always be at least 2nd position to their acting ability. Can they get into the character and make the audience see them as the role thru their acting? That is the key deciding factor for me. Weight, height etc is secondary.

Archived