Y&R: David Tom Fired! Replacement Announced...

• Members

According to some, DT ought to have made it work with an actress than even people like Braeden, MTS and Don Diamont could never make happen! laugh.png

On top of that, he was responsible for playing "Billy" instead of the character he made popular and successful. Like I said, a shame.

You are lucky not to remember. It was disgusting, like it has been everytime Victor was going after a significantly younger woman. On top of that, Nikki started getting jealous of Christine and it was really weird to watch. I don't know what he was thinking with that one, I really don't. Thank God it never advanced significantly. *shudder* Nowadays, they would have gotten married, children, multiple crap stories, big romance and all that jazz.

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Michael Logan* ‏@*TVGMLogan*

May 23

*DT was coming off like a boy, not a man. Dramatically, it was a dead end. "*@*MarkHsoap*

: *Why was it the right thing to do? *#*YR*

"

*Michael Logan* ‏@*TVGMLogan*

May 23

*Among the missed opportunities: Billy-Kelly-Jack coulda shoulda been a SCORCHING triangle "*@*wildeman12*

:*That's the way I saw it as well *#*YR*

"

*Michael Logan* ‏@*TVGMLogan*

9h

*It's no crime,* @*RobbyMRG*

*Not all is revealed in an audition. Sometimes it takes a while to see a mistake has been made.* #*YR*

• Members

This really all boils down to one thing: BM got some people hot and bothered. They want his particular brand of supposed machoness coupled with beefy chest. That's what it has always been about (just like it has with the MM situation).

• Members

There's a reason Burgess Jenkins has never been a leading man. His roles on One Tree Hill, Nashville, and Army Wives were supporting. He is a decent actor, but he's not a leading man. I wish him luck in the role that he'll age about 10 years. I hope he has chem with Jess Walton and Peter Bergman, or else Jill's relationship w/ Billy will disappear like it did when Smirkles Miller played the role, which is a shame.

• Members

It really sucks that Producers believe that ABS on Men & Firm breasts on women are what makes a good "Actor" and thats all what fans wanna see. Give me someone who can ACT. That is key here and always should be

• Members

Thank you. An actor can only interpret what's on the page, Billy has been written like a boy since he came back on the canvas in the form of Billy Miller. He went from being a playBOY to a BOY playing house with a frigid, disheveled haired, little girl (Victoria). The character has never matured not even during the Delia death story. He still acted impulsively like a boy. He slept with Kelly and pouted around town like a child. Nothing BM's Billy did was "manly," unless they are counting those "love scenes" with Victoria, which did nothing for me IMO.

• Members

I wouldn't even go that far, lol.

I'm not saying I object to Billy Abbott being turned into the Second Coming of Uncle Jack. There's nothing wrong with writing about a self-destructive womanizer who wants to do the Right Thing but who keeps screwing up his life. That could be a virtual goldmine of story opportunities. It's just that Terry Lester pulled that off so well, with so much natural charisma and talent; and BM just...well...he just comes up short (in more ways than one, that dude is a freakin' midget, amirite?).

• Members

Yes. Folks found BM charming and wanted to take a ride. They didn't want to ride DT. End of story. But DT could have done something about that though. He has a very attractive face. I think he is a cutey. All he needed was a personal trainer and a diet plan.

Archived