Y&R: David Tom Fired! Replacement Announced...

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If I were AH, I'd pray BM returns and soon or that her chemistry with BJ is so remarkable that it helps Y&R hold onto its Billy/Victoria fan-base. The Billy/Victoria relationship is the only thing that makes her valuable to the show, IMO; and if this ends up with BJ out and Billy written out or possibly killed off, her days will be numbered. Count on it.

I applaud WLS for the sentiment, but I doubt efforts such as this will do anyone any good. Even if BJ flops, you can bet that DT is never returning again to Y&R.

• Members

Well I am hoping that all fails and Billy is written off with Victoria going as well. I'll be sad because I love Billy (DT's version of course), but he'll just unfortunately have to be sacrificed for the greater good. We can do without her dreadful ass mucking up our screens with her depressed ass.

• Members

She was begging on Twitter for a storyline and almost every interview she said she wanted a story. He contract was for one episode per week, which is more to benefit a show when they don't wanna pay you in case they don't want to work you.

• Members

Well slather syrup on me and call me a waffle, because after today's episode, I changed my mind. If they are hell bent on telling this WTD with Stitch/Vic/Billy (and I honestly don't see how they can avoid it at this stage) then David Tom can't play Billy. Everytime he's required to speak Victoria's name or worse, share scenes with her, he dissolves into a mass of quivering putrid goo. It's just godawful. I've really enjoyed his story with Chloe and Chelsea and he's ok with Jack and with Jill. But it's just inevitable that there's going to be a Victoria Newman who will have story with Billy Abbott and she will be played by Amelia Heinle, and once I accept that painful fact, I can't avoid the obvious. David Tom won't work.

• Members

I watched yesterday and today's episode just to watch DT. He is awful in any scene -- with anybody -- in which he is demonstrating anguish. It is NOT ABOUT AMELIA HEINLE. All of this faux blame being put on her is shameful. I hope everyone can see through it as clearly as I can.

DT was horribly MISCAST for a character going through what Billy is going through. Perhaps his facial expressions in terms of scenes showing anguish can be developed over time. He (DT) looks so much more mature in the pictures where he is just appearing calm, being still with his mouth closed.

• Members

I agree with you about David Tom to a degree (see my post above). But I think it's about both DT and AH. I think he does fine in scenes where he talks about losing his child, and how angry he is at Adam, or Victor, etc. She was dreadful yesterday as well. But she'll carry on anyway. And that dialogue for StickNVic was atrocious. If they weren't so hell bent on telling this WTD story with Victoria at its center, they could spin Billy off into the Adam/Chelsea/Victor piece (which is so much better IMO, and DT works there) and let StickNVic die a slow tortuous death on their own. But no.

• Members

It's fun to guess what animal is living in her hairdo on any given day..

The other day when she had a "breakdown" over her situation-that was. painful. AH isnt a horrible actress but sometimes she really doesn't do it right. I liked DT personally and he did have nice chem with several folks.

• Members

I think AH is acting appropriately for what Victoria is going through - with Stitch having snooped into her records and now feeling entitled to push himself on her - and with Billy totally going off the rails, AND having to watch DT over-emote in scenes at the same time, and perform with him while he is doing it. Victoria must be freaked out about the possibility of Stich changing the paternity results as well.

DT is just wrong for this part considering the anguish Billy is going through in this SL. He needs to control his facial expressions if he is going to be successful in anguish type SLs.

I think they are setting this Adam/Chelsa/Billy/Connor thing up quite well with the hidden camera. Thank God we won't have to watch DT's face over-acting that stuff out.

• Members

Yeah. That sucks. I wish him the best.

I just had a weird thought. They could so easily have cast GT as Kelly, and Cady as Phyliss. Then Billy Abbott would have slept with Kelly played by GT who once played Paul Cramer's sister Kelly Cramer, but when he was Paul Cramer, HT played Kelly, who used to be Victoria! Blech. I feel dirty.

Archived