Y&R: David Tom Fired! Replacement Announced...

• Members

DT would've looked younger with both Kellys anyway. They are setting up for a Billy/Chelsea/Stitch/Victoria quad and he hasn't been in Kelly's orbit for a while. I see they avoided the elephant in the room with the comments they chose.

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Why would Gina want the throw away role of Kelly and plus god I am sure she's happy not to be Kelly again over the iconic role in Y and R history of phyllis. Major downgrade. To be honest now thank u David Tom it had nothing with Amelia at all. It was because of cady's Kelly who so far I admit I haven't been wowed yet. David Tom while I thought he was awful this time around he was very gracious in his exit. Maybe Dillion Quartermaine at GH would be good for him. Doesn't Tracy need her son?

• Members

IMHO, DT shined in scenes with PB, MCE, EH & JW. He had like a scene with CM so I wont comment there. The only one he didnt work well with was AT. So Id say then its on her and not him. AT should have been replaced then if YR was so dead set on Billy/Vicky/ Hell DT & SC hve more chemistry together then either of them do with AT

• Members

Amelia is adored by her cast and David Tom loved her. She's not to blame here. What does he have to hide? He's been fired and he was very gracious. I expected him to rant but he was very professional. Again on GH I said Tracy needs her son.

• Members

Im sorry but AT is not a good person and she is FAR from Professional. Going on twitter and saying BM should be back. She didnt want a new Billy. Part of this is on her and I dont see how some here cant see that

• Members

I've never communicated with Amelia Heinle about DT or anything else and I've thought he was horribly miscast from day one with all the whining and screeching. And lately it is the horrible facial expressions in scenes where he is exhibiting angst. He looks like a little boy about to have a tantrum.

So why would anyone think that AH had to have said anything at all? It is nothing more than reaching for a scapegoat to blame for the fact that DT cannot yet handle scenes where his character is riddled with angst. It has nothing to do with Amelia Heinle.

He was the same in scenes with Chelsea when she pointed out to him that Stitch could be the dad - a little boy about to have a tantrum. It would have been just as ugly as his scenes with AH if it had been drawn out for as long. And it may very well be just that before his recast takes over. It is not something I want to watch - a grown man having a little boy tantrum.

The casting director should be fired for all the miscasts she has made. SA and JP should be fired for crap writing. And JFP should be fired for allowing it all to happen. She has no respect for Y&R at all and neither does her staff. Cady McClain has possibly the biggest ego of anyone I've read about in a long time for planning to change a character ON THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS without even bothering to watch the original actress' (CW's) scenes. And they all let her get away with it.

• Members

and that's why he's gone. The chemistry he had w/ her was interfering with Billy/Vic. Simple as that, imo.

not to mention the looking young thing... every time he gets mad and goes into a 'rage' he comes of like a sniveling, spoiled brat throwing a hissy fit. It's a hot-ass mess, negl.

Archived