Y&R: David Tom Fired! Replacement Announced...

• Members

I don't think that much of Tom as an actor, I never really did, but Miller also failed at playing grief, and playing anything beyond the Kool Aid Man Dinner Theater Production of Days of Wine and Roses. I don't really know what they were expecting. I have a feeling they were thrown for a loop after Miller left and they decided to take a risk on David Tom, but clearly someone was just biding their time, and the show is so afraid of displeasing the "Villy" fans or whoever else that they went for some pseudo-name from primetime who can be a blank slate for fans who don't care about anything other than reruns of bad 2011 storylines.

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

BM was bad in comparison to other actors on the canvas making their way through the story (Kevin and Victoria, for example), but he at least gave the sense that he was a man going through SOMETHING v. big and soul wrenching, beyond his obsession w/ his wife.

that's all I'm getting from Billy. I mean does he even work anymore? Not that anyone on this show needs to, they're all multi-millionaires. Mess.

• Members

That catering drove me insane. Drove me from GL for a while, too. I miss GL :(

Billy Miller was TERRIBLE. People. Terrible. I never understand the fascination with him.

David Tom had some faults, but he was also probably a bit rusty. He was a lot more relatable and believable. And Billy shouldn't be 40+.

• Members

But who the hell has chemistry with Morrow?? No one except for SC...so put them together and right them off....I would have rather seen a Nick recast...I have never liked JM in the role of Nick..he is so anti Nikki and Victor...

• Members

What do DT's (or any actor's) personal battles have to do with it, dio? All I said, or implied, in that post was that BM was incapable of portraying Billy as anything other than a perpetual drunk. Don't drag anyone's off-screen struggles with addiction into that, b/c that had absolutely nothing at all to do with that post.

• Members

I think there was a very vocal group of fans who would not accept DT and TPTB caved. I'm disgusted by it. And I agree with those who feel they are walking right back into the same situation with the new guy. Billy needed to be off the show for six months for DT to stand a chance. I doubt that's changed. The people who only want Miller in this role now know their tactics work. Anyway, that's my take on it.

• Members

I still don't understand who likes Villy? They haven't worked for a long time. Victoria was always a strong businesswoman. When exactly did she become such a waste? Personally, I think it was when she became an artist. Her love of Beauty of Nature and her fight drained when HT left. I don't understand why Villy was ever endgame.

• Members

I liked Villy very much when BM was Billy. I don't know if I will like Villy with another actor in the role or not, but I definitely don't like them with DT in the role. I love AH as Victoria and I have always loved Y&R. So if things improve and I tune back in, of course I will give Villy (with the new guy) a chance, just like I did DT.

BM had charisma and BM and AH had chemistry. I loved how she loved him so much that he kept giving him chance after chance after chance. He was so imperfect but his love for her never wavered.

I remember many times when his Billy was angry, he would just lose the angry expression on his face and stop talking or either walk away. And when he was in the car with Adam in his final scenes, his anger and intensity came through. He could control his face and still be angry.

If he gets another show somewhere, I will be happy to watch him again.

Archived