Y&R: David Tom Fired! Replacement Announced...

• Members

Y'all are insane. They were never going to recast Victoria in this situation. Villy is obviously endgame. DT and AH didn't work. Recasting Victoria would mean BOTH halves of this couple would be a recast and they were never going to do that. Not saying I agree with the firing but the idea that AH should have been fired to make Villy work is just plain ludicrous. Fans have a hard enough time accepting one half of a couple being recast. To recast Vic with someone who has chemistry with DT, who is ALSO a recast, would never in a million years happen.

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

lol, not really. BM could go either way, depending on the situation. But with DT that's all there is. wacko.png I mean it was cute/impactful/riveting when he was on Mac's doorstep begging her not to dump him or whatever, but rn it's just not happening. At all.

oh well.

i expect the recast to be recast again once TPB find some known actor to sink their claws into...

• Members

This is some bullish*t. If they fired him because he has a baby face then that's stupid. If anything, they should embrace it. And why cast CM if she looks to old for DT? Shouldn't you cast around the actor that is already on the cast? :rolleyes:

But I still feel that AH b*tching and moaning and Twitter played a pivotal part in DT getting fired. And I still want her, Pass-the-salami/Altman, JFP, and Steve Kent heads on a spike for being the main reasons I cannot enjoy Y&R as of late.

This show and it's constant recasts are for the birds.

• Members

To be honest, I don't care that DT was fired. Not really. And what makes me care less than I might is half the folks bitching about this are the same folks who constantly call for others on the show to be recast. DT was okay. Nothing special and as I stated up thread, I didn't think he fit the mold of current day soap males. But what does bother me is that the recast indicates that Villy are endgame. Gah...i am tired of them and Chelsea and Adam eating the show. All 4 are/were on every day. #unamused

• Members

"The mold" of current day soap males is the problem. They are all terrible.

CM's Kelly belongs in an Ovaltine commercial. I was upset she'd steer the character into one-note bitch-on-wheels territory, but instead, she's zero note.

• Members

I actually agree that she would've fit the role better, but those fools were looking at casting her as Phyllis. That shows they are just fools and don't cast for the role, but casting wars and nonsense like that. And I still don't understand how they keep de-aging the women, yet David Tom looks too youthful? What is this? This modern Y&R is so bizarre.

• Members

What a bunch of bullshit foolishness. He would have looked young next to CW, hell, BM looked young next to CW. BM and I are the same age, if he was in the role it would certainly cross my mind that he's the same age as JY who played CM's 9 years junior son. The way these shows play fast and loose with looks and age, that is just an unacceptable rationale for me. But it's okay for Dixie to be running around with Cliff's old ass, not to mention Neil and Hillary.

Archived