Empire: Discussion Thread

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

And what good can come from a pile on? That's one of the negatives of the 24/7 cable and internet news cycle. What he did was wrong, but to have the full weight of all these people coming down on one individual so incessantly seems like overkill.  I guess on the plus side it will probably pass in a few days.

• Members
  • Good statement by Kamala.  The truth is that anyone who is taking pleasure in this situation was never on the side of victims in the first place. JS is one man and his actions have nothing to do with all of the other victims who come forward to seek justice. The rise in hate crimes is terrifying. 

• Members

Personally, I hope that he doesn't do any more interviews but this person made a valuable point.

...and more mess.  He lied...the fact that he lied doesn't make the CPD any less problematic, especially where their policing methods are concerned.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

This whole thing is confusing. I don’t know that I trust the Chicago PD’s full story and theatrics, but i also believe Jussie’s original story is false. I wonder what the real story is. For example, could the brothers be blackmailing him over something or was there a potential romantic interest gone wrong. Whatever the case, his silence isn’t helping matters. He said the attacks were white and they’re dark skinned black guys. If he is still claiming innocence he needs to address the inconsistencies as opposed to just saying it’s a lie. 

• Members

He’s in a tough situation, but it appears that Fox is letting him run down the clock from these recent reports. I suppose Jussie has been advised to have their day in court to set the record straight. (Or they’re waiting to see how the more ambiguous federal investigation shakes out.) Again, who knows?