Empire: Discussion Thread

• Members

I don't think they should recast Jamal. I don't think that a recast may land well. I think they might send Jamal back to London. And maybe look to someone else to fill in the third "Good hearted" son role. (Which definitely isn't the new alleged son Kingsley, who I can't stand and IMO doesn't fit in with the family at all).

Maybe they will have someone like Mario's character Devon become a surrogate son to Lucious and Cookie. He seems to be very good hearted. And they both have looked out for him and even made a reference about family taking care of family when they gave him money for his sister's medical bills. 

Edited by xtr

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I think that the person (or at least the original choice) in the coffin may be Kingsley. I think that would help explain why hardly anyone is shown around for Lucious at the funeral except Becky, and Thirsty. (Though maybe the rest of the family may eventually show) I could see Kingsley dying (and him and Andre did threaten to end each other) and Lucious having regrets about not being there for him as his father and him dying. I do believe that Andre flatlining is a red herring. 

Granted, they could go back and change that storyline, but I actually wouldn't be surprised if they still decide to go with the original choice in the coffin. Which I never believed was going to be Jamal. Jamal I think may just end up leaving to go elsewhere.

• Members

I wonder if FOX delays the 3/13 return date and they end up reshooting/creating new scenes and editing down (or out Jamal) in the  first 7 episodes, which have been filmed. I guess they are filming episode 8 (out of 9), which before this broke word from the set was that several planned scenes had been rewritten. FOX is in a tough position because having JS week-in-week-out for the next 3+ months is not good. This story isn't going to get better.