Empire: Discussion Thread

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Something tells me we won't.  Oh, sure, Jussie might offer some b.s. explanation or rationale for his actions down the road.  But I suspect even his "official" explanation won't answer all our questions.  Truth is, dude's just fucked in the head.

• Members

Regarding the producers possibly suspending Jussie, I could see them sending Jamal back to London to work on his own label. That's what he was doing at the beginning of this season, he was hesitant to come back and work with his parents on their new label. He had wanted to do his own thing, though he ended up agreeing to help them. I could see the show having Jamal decide he wants to go back to London for the time being.

I don't believe even with these latest developments that they will kill off Jamal or recast him or anything. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

I think that lgbt (as the years pass I find myself wanting to use "queer" but people get very upset with that word) people were more likely to have this type of reaction, because violence against gay people is so often downplayed or blamed on them (the same goes for racist attacks of course). I saw a clip of Ellen Page having a breakdown on Colbert about violence against lgbt people and how our current White House occupants are responsible, which she was heavily ridiculed for, but this is how a lot of us feel. So when a black, gay man was attacked, at a time when hate crimes are on the rise and people are more praised than ever in recent years for being racists and homophobes, it struck a chord.

I'll admit that when I stopped to think about the likelihood of a noose and bleach, it started to seem off, but I just couldn't imagine why he would lie about something like this, especially since there had never been any talk of him being unstable or untrustworthy. 

It's just completely craven and insane. And I can see why many people felt they had to believe his story rather than believe such narcissistic sociopathy was possible, especially since the same people who claimed this attack was a hoax are the same people who repeatedly insist all shootings are full of "crisis actors."