April 21-25, 2014: Another New Low For Y&R in Women 18-49 Viewers

Toups

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh well GH is still been the most stable through spring fever. Very strong April for them and up from last years big anniversary episodes. Positioned quite well into may with the nurses ball. GH has been stable through August 2013. It's like 8 strong months of ratings. Who cares about Emmys when dollars and cents in network heads pocketbooks is all they care about.

• Members

GH is a mess but I think it has a lot more going on than Y&R which i'm still 10 episodes behind. Say what you want about MAB but her demos were never this low....especially the prized demo.

• Members

Given the choice between MAB's last year at Y&R (very B-A-D) and the current Y&R, I'd pick the current Y&R, hands down. Yes it's boring and yes it's mediocre (on a good day) writing.

Too bad TPTB *think* these are the only two choices - bad or boring. whistling.jpg

Get rid of Passante and Altman. Bring back Alden and Bibel.

• Members

We have stated over and over again our reasons for being uphappy with Y&R. Perhaps the viewers reflected in the ratings who have tuned out feel like we do? It's easier to paint us as just negative though. I know...... whistling.jpg

I guess it's hard to be objective about the writers when you aren't.

• Members

Jean has only been at the helm since end of December. Give her more time. She's a seasoned vet with tons of experience. 22 consecutive years in the biz is a long time and an Emmy winner. CBS wouldn't be employing her if she didn't have the resume or vast experience. It takes time to make big changes to a show. Y and R was a bit boring for awhile. It's not disgusting or offensive as it was under MAB.

• Members

In all honesty, Johnny, you want all of us to be as grateful as you are just to have a few soaps left. Sorry, some of us are just not wired that way. We want a good show and everything that entails, period! And while your passion is great, it does not make sense to champion garbage.

Archived