GH: April 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It would have to be a very different version of the Dillon character for me not to be grossed out. But I'd take it over this.

Michael is a brilliant idea someone had elsewhere. I think it's genius. But instead we have Detective Rockpunch.

• Members

I don't know if this was March or April, but I finally watched some of the All Carly episode. Other than being too tan (unless it was my TV), I thought SJB was good. I was surprised at how much chemistry she had with Maurice in the new scenes, because Tamara is always the one remembered for chemistry with Maurice, and because I haven't seen Maurice have much chemistry with anyone in a long time.

I was reminded again that Sonny looked better when his hair wasn't slicked back. The dead baby flashback surprised me as I didn't think Maurice looked very good even by then (2000) but he looked a whole lot better in the scene with the messy hair.

The scene with all the body double Qs leaving with AJ and Emily wasn't bad (aside from the lighting and the loud music) but that body double for poor Stuart Damon was almost as wrong as Lila's wig.

• Members

I agree. It would probably never fly because of Georgie but I do think they could be interesting at least with a completely different and obviously recast Dillon. There's really no reason one of these unnecessary newbies couldn't have just been a recast of Dillon.

I really like the Michael idea. It's a great one.

• Members

It really doesn't matter, IMO. If anything, the slight age issue makes Maxie grow because she'd have to suddenly deal with being the 'mature' one 'robbing the cradle,' especially if they had a Knocked Up-esque hook-up one drunken night at the Nurses Ball or a gala or something and they both woke up mortified for entirely different reasons. You could do all sorts of ELQ shenanigans, a la Lucy back in the day. That's an angle we have never seen on her character - grappling with being an actual adult and the 'older woman'. Her baby certainly didn't get her there.

• Members

Vee, you were spot on about Ron a few pages back. Spot on.

I think people only want Maxie and Woodpile because they think she'll suddenly make him interesting or a better actor. Um, no. And I see zero chemistry. He looks like he just saw his sister come out of the bedroom.

And I just realized ... was Maxie even mentioned at all while she was gone? It's like these characters don't exist if they aren't on-screen. I'm shocked he gave her a love interest. Which means he HAS to be related to someone.

• Members

I always felt that Maxie's best pairing to date was 3M (maxie and cooper). Theyre on my top 5 favorite couples of all time but i admit that Jason Gerhart wasnt the greatest thespian in the whole lot but he brought a little something that could have made Cooper far more than what he was.

I wish the show would go with a Maxie/Ric pairing i think they would be perfect and it would be something new for both of them.

• Members

Am I reading this right? Nina now has a mother and brother on the canvas AND a baby? Nina? A character with absolutely no ties to GH who has never been seen and literally only exists, not in flashbacks, but in oral histories told by a bunch of newbie/temporary characters (one of whom is played by the legendary Donna Mills) like some kind of urban legend or folktale (Nina = chupacabra) and yet somehow this character is driving frontburner story?

Am I understanding this correctly?

Archived